Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

simbio

CDT

Hi i would like to ask if someone after install the free version downloaded from avsim had trouble with the default ins.I am getting crash when i try to change waypoint on the black square on the ins.I was tryng to register to the forum but didn't get activation email.Thank youFabrizio Pascucci

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is a well documented flaw in the original RFP INS. The basic problem is that it was the only INS that was available at the time RFP was developed and it was developed for FS98 essentially. We tried to pursuade the developer to update it for later versions of FS but it was one of those things that never happened.The problem relates to corruption of the INS' database. The short term solution is to delete the file RT_INS_MST.gcf which is located in ther FS9/Aircraft folder. The file will rebuild itself and should function. For a while.The long term solution is to replace the RFP INS with the outstanding CIVA Delco INS which is available on line and is freeware.Hope that helps.Ed GreenKCLT

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_beta.jpg

Thank you for your fast answer, indid going to 1.51 civa it's the smart solution that we can do.After several next generation aircraft for FS2004 I start to enjoy a lot from those iron old bird, like 727 707.As maybe you know the CLS is doing a nice new 747-200 wich look fantastic from screeshot, but I hope that system and dynamic will be great as the graphic.Thank's Fabrizio

Dunno, Goran. I think the key to the question will be to what extent they attempt to model the various systems. When RFP was developed, it was pretty much cutting edge in terms of the various systems that we attempted to model; the limitations that we came up against were really the limitations inherent to FS9 itself at that particular time.There cerainly have been changes in the five years since RFP was first released for FS9. It will be interesting to see what they try to do.When I looked at their site, I couldn't tell if the -200 was going to be one of their "lite" series. If that's the case, then we may still end up looking pretty good. Their models did look very nice however.Ed GreenKCLT

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_beta.jpg

Not sure. But I know that another add on company has an F-lite 777 and it is pretty simple to operate.I don't think someone would be able to top Ralph's 742. It's still cutting edge. And it's only going to get better.Goran

Hi goran>Just found out...it's an F-Lite version.>Goran>Where did you find out on the forum?It would really a shame to model such vc and graphic and start with CTRL+E.I hope not.Fabrizio

Someone who knows about it emailed me..."it will be a "FLight" product, so the question ishow real the systems and gauges are coded."Goran