Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

E6BAV8R

POSKY 742F (9.8Rev. D) + RFPv2 Merge Problems?

After having attempted to merge the POSKY 747-200Fv4 (v9.7, Rev. D) with the RFPv2 panel I was wondering if anyone else had ran into the problem of the contact points of the gear. I know this is been a pretty large problem with POSKY and their 747s.I have done everything I can think of to fix it, including trying all sorts of Avsim merge instructions, POSKY contact points to add to the CFG, including the new version revision just released by POSKY and none of them seem to work. Is there any way to download past revisions/versions of the POSKY 747s? It seems like people could get v3 to work with the RFP panel?I got the RFP panel to work the way that I want it I just can't get the gear to behave like it should. I also heard there was a POSKY XML file you can download to put in the aircraft folder?Also, RFP panel wise, how do you get the choice to select which instrument configuration you want? I wanted the round engine gauges but the digital VSI gauge and can't seem to find where to change which panel config. I want.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

After having attempted to merge the POSKY 747-200Fv4 (v9.7, Rev. D) with the RFPv2 panel I was wondering if anyone else had ran into the problem of the contact points of the gear. I know this is been a pretty large problem with POSKY and their 747s.I have done everything I can think of to fix it, including trying all sorts of Avsim merge instructions, POSKY contact points to add to the CFG, including the new version revision just released by POSKY and none of them seem to work. Is there any way to download past revisions/versions of the POSKY 747s? It seems like people could get v3 to work with the RFP panel?I got the RFP panel to work the way that I want it I just can't get the gear to behave like it should. I also heard there was a POSKY XML file you can download to put in the aircraft folder?Also, RFP panel wise, how do you get the choice to select which instrument configuration you want? I wanted the round engine gauges but the digital VSI gauge and can't seem to find where to change which panel config. I want.
Hi I just thought I'd let you in on some things concerning the RFP Plane itself. First of all the original specs pertaining to the contact points is way off and in fact back end heavy. Also the fuel configurations is all way off. Next is the plane itself of the static pitch and the static cg is off. This plane with the panel is fine and that can be adjusted using fs panel studio.Ok the load factors of this plane is also way off base. If you not believe me take a bit of time yourself to look at any RFP plane untouched. First go to the lights section under beacon, and make a copy of that and set it aside with the // next to it. Ok then go back and delete the first two setting putting it like this 0.00, 0.00, -18.00 and save it as. Then go to the plane and slew it up and turn it up sideways. You will see the beacon be right smack at the main landing gears telling you the zero point of this aircraft. Mark that as a note. Then go back to the aircraft CFG and copy the two settings of the nose gear to that light setting removing those 0.00 etc. Now refresh the aircraft and you will see where the front nose gear is located and then do the same for the rear. When your done you will see how back ended this plane is. The same for the fuel location as well.As to how it was able to stay level is beyond me. Anyway, I have fixed all this and the statics as well and the loading and the fuel setup and wow oh laa laa laa, what a difference it makes. Also the wing apex lon had to be inserted to set the fuel balance properly after you get your tank configs set up right. Interesting to note, they had the aux mains having more fuel than the wing mains. Wow, which was dead wrong. Also those tip tanks do not hold that much fuel either. Anyway to avoid complications regarding the tank locations I set all the tanks in a / config along the main tank wing and not exceed the outer wing wheels and kept it close to the body. Keep in mind the sime cannot understand the balancing act regarding the fuel locations like in real life, and the mac and the cg are different too. Now in real life the actual reference point is 7 feet and 10 inches from the nose tip out the front direction. That is the start point. Posky sets it at -97. Do the beacon light and you will see how far out this is from the front of the plane. So what you have to do is look at the Posky model just like you did on the RFP model and find that zero point location. From there you configure the rest the contact point locations, the fuel locations in keeping it close to the body and between the rear mains and the front nose of the plane, and not out any further than the wing wheels on the side. Then you have to do your loading config and engine config as well. As long as your within that ballpark you will do fine balance wise. Then you have to do your slew tests, you have to reset the statics and cg as well. This is how you balance that plane up and then deal with the wing apex lon as the last item. After that you can fly this plane and then test the rest of it. Once you get all this down pat you will have pretty much a plane just like the real McCoy. The rest becomes academic. By the way you pretty much have to reset just about all on that aircraft cfg to make it work properly. So if you do this work on the copied version of the RFP and the copied version of the Posky. Leave the originals alone and you can change the file like Aircraft cfg.org or xxx. ORG means original. OKAlso the RFP has a hard code on the strobe lights. No one can get rid of it unless one the model maker can make a revison mdl without those lights being on all the time. Most unfortunate. I am trying my best now to do that and hope to reach this model maker to make a revision for me and I hope he can post it here in this forum for everyone to use because those strobe lights should be controlled by the aircraft CFG and not be hard coded, as well as the other lights.The RFP has a lot of problems overall, but it can be fixed if someone can take the time to do it and fix it up correctly and also has some knowledge of the aircraft as well. If not, it will be kinda tough. The panel analog and the tape deal is awesome and very well put. The only thing is the way they like to drain the fuel configurations when flying and it is dead wrong and way off base. The normal is as follows: First the tip tanks are used for taxi purposes, and prior to take off, all tanks are being used with the boost pumps. Once the plane is above 10k then the cap uses the center tank primarly as that tank must burn off the fuel. This is done for most 1/2 of the trip. When this tank gets low, ( keeping the reserve and emergency untouched) then they go to the aux tanks and burn that off. After that the last phase before you get to your destination the wing mains take over. Now your reserve fuel and emergency fuel is still in the main center tank. Mandatory. By the time you arrive to your destination the wing mains should be almost out of fuel, and if needed you always got the center tank reserve to use as well. OK. That is the typical fuel burn cycle. First tip, then all tanks, then main, then aux mains, then wing main. In that order.PS >the amount of main fuel given by RFP is also wrong. Like I said you have to do a lot of tweaking and adjusting to make this plane operate correctly.Hope this all helps you figure things out.ChanRak (Daveyo)Addendum> You must get the RFP plane to be balance properly, contacts and all the other items, and then when this is running perfectly you can then do the merge but you have to also do the same for the Posky model as well their CFG and balance points. Two different versions of aircraft here involved. If you don't do this it will not work correctly. One of the sticky points is the wing flex working with the strobes and nav lights on the Posky models. Another deal all by itself as that is controlled by the contact points from the wheels. Sigh.This is why your having a lot of problems because of two different models involved. It is very time consuming to merge one set to another let alone deal with the panel merging and anything else.