Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sammach

Many thanks

Many thanks to all who have posted on this forum with varrious topics that i too was having trouble with, as regards autoland, autothrottle and many more issues. I am now, thanks to this forum,I am enjoying flying this aircraft, when I first bought the original payware CD, I was absolutely baffled by by the operation of the autopilot, although I was impressed by the realistic reproduction of the aircraft as I remembered from my days at BA, apart from one respect. The BA model shows Pratt and Whitney JT9 engines when all BA`s 200`s had the Rolls Royce RB211. I can only guess the amount of work that had gone in to this aircraft which I can understand was considerable, to make different models available with different engines would have seriosly increased the work and therefore the cost of the product.Now its freeware, well its an absolute bargain. I must admit I have tried, unsuccessfully, to merge the panel with the Posky 747-200, that has the RB 211 modeled, is it risking being thrown off this forum if I politely ask, has anyone had success merging the RFP panel with the Posky model, if there is a simple way that i complete PC novice. can do, I would be grateful to learn about it. Finally to anyone stuggling with the complexities of flying the RFP, don`t be put off, if you are like me a novice, read all the topics on this forum,you will find the answers, to get you started, its amazing how one thing leads to another, and guess what the manual then actually begins to make sense.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I made successfully a merge of RFP 742 with an Alitalia V4 POSKY 747-200.The panel doesn't run with an .air file different it works only with Vmax_classic_2.air file.So flying a BA RFP 742 you have to download from Posky site a BA Boeing 742 v.4.Then install the posky B742 into FS9/Aicraft and back up and move whenever you like the Posky .air file. Now copy to the Posky aircraft folder the Vmax_classic_2.air file.Now check in the model folder that the posky file is present and check also the Model.cfg file.At last copy your RFP aicraft .cfg into Posky folder and, if you like, back up the Posky one and move it whenever you like.When you will attempt to start the engines the panel software will recognize the Vmax_classic_2 .air file and everything should work properly.Best regards from Italy