Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Connor Levens

Ready for Pushback 747-200 Debugging Session 01

Dear Members of The AVSIM Forums,Earlier this year, I downloaded the Ready for Pushback 747-200 from Ralph's Panel Shop and I had been flying it ever since. However, lately, whenever I decided to take her out for a spin, the plane would crash on me shortly after I pushed out of the gate. I frequently fly between KJFK and EDDF in both my 747s, as I'm also a PMDG 747-400 fan. I ran a test: fly the PMDG 747-400 between KJFK and EDDF, as well as on a return flight between EDDF and KJFK. The test was successful. The next test I decided to carry out was with the Ready for Pushback 747-200. I managed to get 75% through my flight with it, but when she reached the approach stage over the AMASI intersection coming into EDDF, I encountered a CTD. I then tried to perform multiple flights from EDDF to KJFK and I encountered CTDs at various points in the flights: pushing back, taxiing, climbing -- I was never able to make it to cruising successfully.My plan is to fully reinstall the Ready For Pushback 747-200 on my computer. Once I fully install the aircraft, I plan to perform the same experiment offline, with no add-ons, whatsoever.I'll be sure to post once the experiment is completed.My specifications are as follows:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz2046MB RAMNVIDIA GeForce 8500 GTWindows Vista

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,why not trying on short haul flights first (LFPG to EDDF and back for example ?)Maybe you can try at some other different airports, there maybe have an incompatibility with the RFP and the scenery you use ?And last question, do you use the VIP version (V3 ?) of the panel ?

>why not trying on short haul flights first (LFPG to EDDF and>back for example ?)Good idea -- however, I've already finished my test flight.>Maybe you can try at some other different airports, there>maybe have an incompatibility with the RFP and the scenery you>use ?Well, I completed my test flight with my FS crashing over Ireland when I switched tasks, but I think that's an FS9/Vista issue, so I think EDDF is fine.>And last question, do you use the VIP version (V3 ?) of the>panel ?I never even knew that their was a V3 version of the panel :-lol Where can I obtain this?Thanks so much!

Nowhere anymore.It was available for a short time on a subscription basis but was terminated and pulled from sale.Goran

>Nowhere anymore.>It was available for a short time on a subscription basis but>was terminated and pulled from sale.>GoranOh.. :( I'm sorry to hear that..Does anyone know what the benefits of V3 were vs. V2?Connor Levens

I've made a few flights in Africa with RFP V2 panel, FS9 under Vista 64 with an ATI HD3870, and I had no problem at all.I had problems with RFP V3 panel with FS9 under Vista 64 (CTD in some dll modules)And I had problems with FS9 and an Nvidia card GeForce 8800GTS, Win XP or Vista 64

Sounds suspiciously like a bad texture file, maybe on an AI airplane or add-on scenery in the Frankfurt area.You might try running FileMon and seeing what textures are loading right before a crash.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

>I would want to know if you are getting any>sort of errror message from either FS9 or Windows?Nope -- no error messages. All I get is 'Flight Simulator 2004 has stopped responding and needs to close'>I would also suggest that you disable the default INS and see>if that makes a different. RFP is much more stable with the>alternate CIVA INS.I'm going to try that test now.However, I was able to go through KJFK-EGLL almost totally -- the plane crashed once I touched down. Don't know what's wrong, but I'm going to give the CIVA INS a test drive.Connor Levens

>How do you disable the default INS?>Jim>CYWGIn the panel.cfg, located in aircraftrfp_panels, for either the analog or tapes version, you'll see several sections that look similar to this;//---------------------------------------------------------------------// -- HGHB INS Stuff goes here --//gauge40=../RFP_V2/rt_INS_D, 497, 715, 143 //gauge41=../RFP_V2/rt_INS_D, 866, 714, 143 // -- CIVA INS Stuff goes here --gauge40=../civa/INS!Config, 0, 0, 0, 0, Vmax7420gauge41=../civa/INS!NavModeTriple, 402, 662, 77gauge42=../civa/INS!UpdateFlags, 314, 669, 76gauge43=../civa/INS!Cdu11, 497, 715, 143 gauge44=../civa/INS!Cdu21, 866, 714, 143 gauge45=ILH_TCAS!Logic,30,471,1,1,trafficinfo:yes// --------------------------------------------------------------------Here, the default INS has been disabled by commenting out gauges 40 and 41 with //You need to remove the // in front of the CIVA INS gauges to use it instead.There are about 5 different sections throughout the cfg., that refer to CIVA, HGHB, or both. Make sure you change them all.EwingKATLAlcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a store, not a government agency.MSI K8N Neo2 PlatinumAMD Opteron 185 2.6 Ghz Dual Core2GB Kingston HyperX (2X1GB) Dual Channel DDR 2-3-2-6 @ 1TXFX nVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256MB DDR3 AGPSound Blaster Audigy LSSilverStone Decathlon 750W +12v@60A +5v@30AFS9.1 on WinXPPro (SP1)