Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jagabom

Side and rear views 2D

In 2D when I look left or right or sideways or backwards, I have to wait for the flightdeck tectures to load. This causes lots of jitters. If I hit the W key, no flightdeck textures are loaded and the views load quick. Is there a way to remove the side and rear views so that the outside loads faster. I don't want to use the W key as I like the proper view forward and don't need the side textures.JimCYWG

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That's not the side views that are loaded, but the VC. Disable the VC if you don't want that to happen. Or untick "see own plane" in flightsim preferences.

Thanks. see_self didn't work. It kept making the zero a 1 after I fired up FS. I even took see_self out of the config. Who knows.Is there another place I can turn see_self off?Anyways, I disabled the VC and now I get what I needed.Here is how to disable the VC. Thanks to Bob Scott:To disable the VC and keep the landing lights coded in the .mdl file, use a hex editor to look for the second occurrence of 00 22 00 39 00 in the .mdl file, and change the 39 to 38 (not 00). This should kill the VC textures and keep the landing lights coded into the model visible from the 2D flight deck view.JimCYWG