Sign in to follow this  

Tileproxy changes!

I installed tileproxy a few weeks back when it came out and used it for a few days and was unhappy with the blurryness of it and removed it. Ever since then the sim takes forever to get to the main screen when launching the game and the flights always start in a window. The flights load the same speed as usual, but the fsx splash menu when first launching the game takes like 10x longer now. My flights also never start maximized like they did until tileproxy. The check box is there to start maximized but it just doesn't use it. I can of course hit alt-enter to maximize it, but it never saves now. The setting isn't in the fsx.cfg because my old ones before tileproxy were restored. Does anyone know what is causing this behavior?________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Guest cbuchner1

FSX starts slowly if there is subfolders containing a LOT of files inside its own directory.The "World" folder of TileProxy is such a folder and caused extra time waiting for the splash screen to disappear. Are you sure you deleted it?In fsx.cfg, the Maximized setting under {Main} (square brackets!) determines if FSX starts in full screen mode. Use Maximized=1 and your flights should start in full screen.

Thx Christian, what is the path to the world folder? I deleted the entire tileproxy folder and thought everything would be there. That maximized=1 is already checked and still the flights load in windowed mode ever since TP.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Guest cbuchner1

On a English locale, the path is:C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XWorld(careful, do not delete C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSceneryWorld - this would be part of the FSX installation!)Christian

Yeah that world folder still exists so i will delete it later tonight. Is the scenery.cfg in the program filesmicrosoft games ms flight sim x folder different than the one that TP uses? I'm pretty sure the one that TP uses is in the all users profile and i restored the original one back after i removed TP. Thanks so much for your help. Hopefully this will speed up the fsx splash load times.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Guest cbuchner1

Yes these files in there seem to be default copies that FSX will use if the user profiles folder do not yet contain a configuration. So be careful - do not erase or change these.

Hi Christian,For some reason, I don't have the folder World in the listed directory. Any reason why this would not be created during the installation? I have not been able to get tileproxy working, even after several attempts. I have the correct ini file, that's not the problem.