Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

The TileProxy project goes public in May.

Guest cbuchner1

Totally Different concept.Aerosoft restrict the area they allow you to load. I don't.Aerosoft use the more efficent FSX texture format (BGLs contain compressed texture). I use the FS2002/2004 texture format (each ground square one BMP tile).Aerosoft loads ahead of time. I load just before takeoff and during flight.

Guest Dragonlick

Hello Christian!Well, I am stumped. I installed beta 3 and created the proper .ini as follows:-------------------------------------------------lod_distance=1000fast_mode=No#source=Service Example 1#source=Service Example 2source=Google Earthsp1_mode=Yescache_folder=cache.service2network_module=libnettilemodule_config="server=http://kh.google.com|path=/kh?t=t%s&n=404&v=17|quad=qrts|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"max_lod=13min_level=5max_level=17color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=25---------------------------------------------------My problem is, when I run the program, I get the following:Directory is C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XTileProxy on drive C:Load failed with error: 0x80070005Access is denied.Attach failed with error: 0x801f0013The system could not find the filter specified.proxyUser: will operate on drive C:proxyUser: No volumes found.proxyUser: Configuration summarylod_distance=1000.000000sp1_mode=Yesnetwork module=libnettilemodule configuration=server=http://kh.google.com|path=/kh?t=t%s&n=404&v=17|quad=qrts|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)max_lod=13min_level=5max_level=17color_hack=0color_level=0bulk_extend=25proxyUser: Connecting to the filter ...proxyUser: ERROR connecting to filter port: 0x80070002Press any key to continue . . .I am running Win XP 1 gig ram, 3.5ghzI turn off Zone AlarmWindows Defender is running (not sure how to disable it)Please help...

Guest cbuchner1

"Access is Denied" sounds like you have a 64 bit windows and the driver wouldn't load because it's unsigned?Or you're trying to execute this on a user account which does not have Administrative privileges.Since you're NOT running Vista, I can rule out User Account Control to be the culprit.

Guest Dragonlick

Running 32 bit windows...how can I find out if I have privilages then?

Guest Dragonlick

Christian, also just now I booted into safe mode and logged in as Administrator. Here is what I got...it's slightly different. So it's not because of Admin then right? Also, I have put all of my addon scenery and highres mesh on drive D: but my flightsim and the stock scenery is all on C:. Will that matter?Directory is C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XTileProxy on drive C:Attach failed with error: 0x801f0013The system could not find the filter specified.proxyUser: will operate on drive C:proxyUser: No volumes found.proxyUser: Configuration summary lod_distance=1000.000000 sp1_mode=Yes network module=libnettile module configuration=server=http://kh.google.com|path=/kh?t=t%s&n=404&v=17|quad=qrts|balance=0123| useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0;Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) max_lod=13 min_level=5 max_level=17 color_hack=0 color_level=0 bulk_extend=25proxyUser: Connecting to the filter ...proxyUser: ERROR connecting to filter port: 0x80070002Press any key to continue . . .

Guest cbuchner1

Hmm it does not necessarily mean logging in as Administrator in Safe Mode. Safe mode is not at all suitable for playing games - no hardware acceleration on the graphics and sound is possible!What I said just means any user account with administrative privileges should allow to run my program. You can give and take away administrative privileges on a per-user basis in the Windows XP control panel.By default, the user account you created on Windows installation already has administrative privileges (which also happens to be responsible for the many security issues that Windows has - and that they tried to solve in Windows Vista with the UAC concept)

Guest Dragonlick

Well, I checked on my user account and it is admin priv and always was. any suggestions? I don't understand this, and i have double checked to see that all files are in the directories right where they should be. Everything looks good. ???I also installed and ran this on my laptop (without flight sim on it but installed to a temp dir on C:) and had similar results as far as the access denied error. Haven't tried the older beta on the lap but tried it on my machine, both the same error...strange.

Guest cbuchner1

I have come across some strange machine configurations already.Some of the Windows XP command shells couldn't handle the statement SET DRIVE=%PWD:~0,2% in the load script - but why should the feature set of the DOS shell differ between different (language) installs of WinXP?Some Windows systems didn't have the fltmc.exe program in their path (which is used to load, attach and unload the filter driver).And on your machine(s) the permissions to load the driver don't seem correct.Do you have a US English version of Windows XP? Home or Professional?Christian

Guest Dragonlick

Yes, it's english, Win XP Home Edition legal and all...I also have SP2 and .NET frameworks...would a list of my currently running processes help?I exit zone alarm when running so please ignoreAlso, my other machine (lap) finally DID run correctly, as far as loading...but I don't have flight sim on that machine. So I know that I do have a good working copy and I am running it correctlyhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/171832.jpg

Guest Dragonlick

Ok, IT IS RUNNING...!!!I'm so sorry, the problem was this:I had disabled 'InstallDriver Table Manager' from msconfig services as the manufacturer was listed on there as unknown. Hope this helps in the future. For now, I am off to test flightsim and see how things look, will get back to you later.THANK YOU CHRISTIAN!!!

Guest Dragonlick

Hello again Christian,First of all, this works just fab when it works!!! I love it!The only catch is...WHEN it works, which I assume is the fault of the servers. I have the ProxyUser.ini set up for either of the two main forces. However, most of the time they seem to return failures to load. If this is due to having to change my IP by re-booting the modem (which doesnt seem to help) then why is my g??gle browser software still able to access the same area? Is there any way to overcome this???

Hi Christian,I would like to add my heartfelt thanks for this brilliant piece of software. I have spent most of today with it and can now fly VFR around where I live (Melbourne Australia), which has always been my dream with FS.I have Vista Ult, C2D 6400 @3G, 8800GTS OC (Core 600/Mem 1000), 2G 667 ram, 12Mb/S ADSL. With LOD at medium it is easy to get 15FPS. I am presently running at 1600x1200 but have a Matrox Tripehead2Go with three screens. I haven't had a chance yet to see how it would run with that set up (3840x1024). I can get 30FPS at that res with nearly all sliders at maximum. Three screens are very immersive. I don't use Autogen because it looks too unrealistic.I have at times, though, had the 1024 bit textures overwritten with much lower ones. I have had the sim on pause and watched as the scenery 'caught up', laying down 1024 bit tiles, only to my dismay see the high res tiles overwritten with 4x4 :(Is there any way to save the tiles once they have been downloaded to prevent this from happening? Sorry if that is a noob question. Secondly, would it be possible to use a 'robot' helicopter controlled by FSXPilot that flew @ 2000ft slowly zig zagging over the area where I want to VFR so that when I came home from work I could save all the tiles for my flight?regardsPaul

Guest cbuchner1

> have at times, though, had the 1024 bit textures overwritten with much > lower ones. I have had the sim on pause and watched as the scenery >'caught up', laying down 1024 bit tiles, only to my dismay see the high > res tiles overwritten with 4x4 :(That seems to be the Vista incompatibility bug that I am currently trying to figure out. Vista seems to cache the tile at the most inopportune moments (that is when TileProxy serves it at a low resolution) - and on subsequent read FSX gets the cached version.Disabling Vista's superfetch feature (both in registry AND by stopping the service) did not help here.I hope I can work this out until Beta 4.

Guest cbuchner1

a robot helicopter? well if you find a heli or aircraft that can follow a predetermined flight path on autopilot (as defined by a flight plan). Once an area is cached, you do not have to run TileProxy in the background. The tiles will always be loaded from disk as they are and the incompatibility bug described earlier would not bother you anymore.