Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

The TileProxy project goes public in May.

Guest cbuchner1

The granularity for switching scenery on and off is the size of the BGL files. About 2900 individual BGLs cover all of the earth's land mass (and some sea around it).I was thinking about a configuration switch by continent.

Guest Dragonlick

Is there a map somewhere that I could use to selectively turn on or off the individual bgls?

Guest Dragonlick

Christian,Also, as you know, I want to create these scenerys that I can fly after I create them with TileProxy and I am having very great results thanks to your help. But when flying or viewing scenery without TP, there are some anomolies. Is there anything that can be done to fix this? (please see photos below). Left photo: With TileProxy runningRight photo: Without TileProxy runninghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173457.jpg

Guest cbuchner1

FSX SP1 has a bug. It can't read textures with only 1 or 2 mipmaps. These BMP files have a size of 84 respectively 114 bytes. If the first 128 bytes of a file can't be read, FSX SP1 won't continue to read it.Any Tiles that can't be opened result in random scenery corruption.While Tileproxy is running, all tiles are "virtually" appearing as high res tiles to FSX. That is why you don't see this corruption with Tileproxy running.Maybe appending 0 bytes to these short BMP files, making them 128 bytes long would fix the problem with FSX. But then again Tileproxy would get confused trying to read these appended files ;)

Guest Dragonlick

Thank you for the detailed responce! Well, SP1 certainly seems to have some problems and I wonder if there is any truth to the rumor I heard that there will be another service pack release for FSX.I solved the problem by positioning over the striped area and reloading scenery with TP active. That somehow must add mips to the bmps I think?? Well, it works anyway. But it would still be nice if you can fix it, if it is even possible.Thanks again,That guy who asks alot of questions. :-)

Guest cbuchner1

Right now only be deleting the BGLs. The "Missing Areas" thread has a JPG image in the first posting which contains the coordinate system. Each BGL file is a small square on this map. The large squares represent the folders that they are grouped in.Also I posted a Google Earth KML file that contains all covered areas in Tileproxy Beta 4. You can click on the names of the squares to zoom in on them on the Virtual Earth globe.This would help you to turn off individual BGLs on a case by case basis (e.g. by renaming them to .bgl.off). You have to restart FSX or rescan your scenery library in FSX to get the desired effect.

Guest Dragonlick

Thanks Christian,I noticed not much has been posted on this board. Is there another one that I am missing?So far, I have been using TP every time I fly. The code seems to be nearly bug free as far as I can see. For some reason however, I've noticed that ram (PF Usage) seems to increase the longer FSX and PF are running until I finally reboot them both. I haven't tried running just FSX to see which one is the cause. Is that normal?As of now, I have two 'setups' in the ProxyUser.ini that work fantastically for me. One is for my low and slow hi-res flying, usually departure and approach, and the other for faster, high alts, generally at or above 10K agl. As you stated before, it would be nearly impossible for FSX to keep up with an aircraft flying at, say, 200 kts. So I have a hot key designated for scenery refresh that I hit whenever I want FSX to catch up with me (usually about every 3-5 minutes) which isn't too bad. The reloads are not too long either if I keep my scenery LOD at the low setting. So for high altitudes, I set the texture res in FSX at 10 meters and for low alts, I go with 5 meters (not 1 or 2) so that I can still enjoy alot of detail without slowing down the processing by too much. I rarely need to know what kind of cars are on the road or license plate numbers, but if I do, I can surely crank up the res. But is that really necessary? Ok, for some ppl, maybe so.So here is a copy of my .ini file that I have been using for days now with fantastic results. Hope this may help save newer users some time and frustration. Again, I set FSX Texture Resolution to 10 meters (for hi alt) and 5 meters (for low alt). In the ProxyUser.ini, only need to change the two items enclosed between the ###### comments, then load (or exit and reload) TileProxy for the changes to take effect. After TP is running, be sure to do a Scenery Refresh to see the new results.[TileProxy]lod_distance=1000#Use Virtual Earth for Hi alts and Google for#low alt higher resolution.##############################################source=Virtual Earthsource=Google Earth##############################################max_lod=11 for low res sat imagery#max_lod=13-15 for hi res camera detail##max_lod=10 32x32 tiles res=50 meter#max_lod=11 64x64 tiles res=20 meter#max_lod=12 128x128 tiles res=10 meter#max_lod=13 256x256 tiles res=5 meter#max_lod=14 512x512 tiles res=2 meter#max_lod=15 1024x1024 tiles res=1 meter#max_lod=10-15#use 11 for VE; 13 for GE 5 meter#############################################max_lod=13#############################################preload=15[Virtual Earth]cache_folder=cache.VIRTUALnetwork_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=10|server=http://a*.ortho.tiles.virtualearth.net|path=/tiles/a%s.jpeg?g=52|quad=0123|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"max_lod=13min_level=9max_level=13color_hack=Nocolor_level=13bulk_extend=25[Google Earth]cache_folder=cache.GOOGLEnetwork_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=10|server=http://kh*.google.com|path=/kh?t=t%s&n=404&v=17|quad=qrts|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"max_lod=13min_level=5max_level=17color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=25Hope you enjoy this software as much as I do! Happy Flying!- Btw, Christian, what is coming up in the next version? I really can't think of much more that I could ever want, other than maybe the better preload algo that you had mentioned in an earlier post, I believe. I personally don't think that switching the .bgls in and out are any problem now with the map that you have posted, but I still can't wait to find out what is next! Thanks again and I would love to contribute some money for this software if you allow that. I think I will be using this for a very long time until there is anything better (if that is even possible). Guess I am spoiled now! :-D