Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

The TileProxy project goes public in May.

Guest radivil

>Great work. I am wondering how much the seasons impact>realism for VFR as these Sat services only have one season.If you want winter, you can just endlessly circle the small town of Saxonburg PA, about 20 miles northeast of Pittsburgh!

Guest cbuchner1

Grand Canyon's north rim also appears to have some snow on Google Maps/Earth.

Guest cbuchner1

i have been in touch with someone who had an algorithm to convert satellite terrain to different seasons. Unfortunately I was too busy during the last 2 months to do any work or research in that direction.I believe that an image processing "plugin" (an external DLL) could convert satellite terrain to different appearances depending on season, geographic location and other factors (ground altitude, weather conditions etc)Christian

Wow! That would be even more amazing! Maybe something for night and it would be complete.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Guest cbuchner1

Well, patience is a virtue ;) My first upload was rejected due to a missing README file detailing contact information in the zip folder.I had to re-upload, but as an added bonus the user manual now has a few paragraphs better worded and contains less spelling mistakes.So there's a chance this program ACTUALLY gets published May 1st.Christian

>>Well, patience is a virtue ;) My first upload was rejected due>to a missing README file detailing contact information in the>zip folder.>>I had to re-upload, but as an added bonus the user manual now>has a few paragraphs better worded and contains less spelling>mistakes.>>So there's a chance this program ACTUALLY gets published May>1st.>>Christian>I still don't see anything in the file library.

>>I believe that an image processing "plugin" (an external DLL)>could convert satellite terrain to different appearances>depending on season, geographic location and other factors>(ground altitude, weather conditions etc)>This is the key to making satellite photo terrain "the thing" in FS. The lack of seasonal variation, and light variation, and the raw processing power needed to convert terrain photos on-the-fly are the main things that have held back photoscenery.The recent thread here at AVSIM about where FS is going to be in 10 or 20 years comes into perspective...??RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest BOPrey

If you need some help, please let me know. I have been into real time image processing with CUDA for the last few months.

In my case I don't find the seasons in FS very realistic at all and fly the sim almost always in "summer" as that season looks the most real to me. (I'll admit where I live it is winter 6 months of the year, and I also don't like the real out the window view or flying in that season either-so I may be biased and wishing for a nicer time of the year when I simulate).So for me I'd rather sacrifice seasons for a out the window view that matches real world reality-vs. having seasons but with generic textures that don't match the real world at all. With the ability to display high res now on fsx the view is finally breathtakingly real-even low-like the Aosta scenery in our avsim library.I can't wait for this!http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Guest BOPrey

I think he is talking about converting the default season from google earth to other season on the flight. Given the proper algrithm, we can do this in real time on the gfx. Using current weather info as a hint, we also generate different shades for the textures. As FSX doesn't use the gfx card very effectively, there should be plenty of power to spare.

Guest wyoming

I also edited the sky textures to give them a more "hot air" look.

Guest BOPrey

Haha. You have to be crazy.

Guest etops777

Well it's in the library and ready to go. Look under new files.I will save you guys alot of tweaking - I haven't managed to get Microsoft's Live / virtual earth settings working yet but here are the settings for a well known US based search engine: (copy onto the ProxyUser.ini file and delete all other info for now)**** CORRECT THE OBVIOUS MISTAKES ****[TileProxy]lod_distance=1000fast_mode=No#source=Service Example 1#source=Service Example 2source=G??gle Earth [G??gle Earth]cache_folder=cache.service2network_module=libnettilemodule_config="server=http://kh.g??gle.com|path=/kh?t=t%s&n=404&v=17|quad=qrts|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"max_lod=13min_level=5max_level=17color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=25 So copy the above text into your ProxyUser.ini text file and off ya go!! scenery takes 5-10 minutes to load just like the commericial photo scenery. Happy flying!PS Please share a "modified sample" of the live / virtual earth settings if you can because the images are much better quality.I know it's only beta but this is very promising!

Wow!It's pretty awesome.It's far from perfect (mostly because of the source material) but it's already working rather well!