Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

The TileProxy project goes public in May.

Guest cbuchner1

Allright, congratulations. You got this to work as intended.Christian

O..this is what I did.1. I installed the tile project sw 2. Modified the ini file to set the server (??) with proper values. and then expanded the notebook to stich that ling line back. (It was broken in around 3 places) so that parameter is now on 1 single line..not three lines.3. I dbl clicked on load.bat (saw a dos window open)4. Started FSX.Its the broken string in the ini file.. I had to expand the notepad all the way on the 24" monitor and stitch the lines back.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest bond

I get stuck in this line:"proxyUser: Received Open event"or "tileproxy.sys: Allocated ScrapMemory of 800000 bytes!"If I change location appears:"proxyUser: Simulation Stopped! proxyUser: Unhandled Receive data type 1 ignored."Can anyone explain what's wrong?Regards

well, I still have several messages saying it has failed yet when I loaded up on the island of Oahu Hawaii there were satellite tiles loaded. There were areas where things looked really crisp (mostly from a distance) and other areas where it was just plain muddy. There are also areas in the water where it is just white blocks (I assume it failed to load these tiles). I've attached my log and posted a couple of shots. I'm sure this isn't looking like it's supposed to be!BrandonText Log from Tile Proxyhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/170918.txtHere also is my config file (edited as above for legal reasons)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/170922.txtScreenshots:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/170919.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/170920.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/170921.jpg

How do you get better resolution? I went the same server using the browser and that location has much better resolution than what I see in FSX.Mann

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I could be wrong but I think when you install the program it changes the fsx.cfg file with different settings-kinda like megascenery. It also makes a backup of fsx.cfg-I just restored the backup to get my sharpness back(what I originally had).http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Okay, I know I should first RTFM, but I am hesitant to install the program because I don't know what files, if any, it changes in my current FSX installation. And, I can't get the manual until the program is installed. To be honest, I am not sure what this software actually does, but it sure sounds interesting. I can't wait to find out more and see some screenshots.

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Guest cbuchner1

I would be interested to know which particular settings you had in your fsx.cfg. My manual exactly lists which settings the TileProxy installer changes.I found anisotropic filtering to be important to provide better details in the far distance. Playing with the mipbias switch might also be interesting, trying values of 7 and 8 for example.Christian

Thanks for the link. Now I am really excited!

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Guest cbuchner1

It's all debug messages. These look pretty normal. The unhandled Receive data type indicates that FSX signals an "exception" through simconnect. I get this very seldom.Don't you get any messages that tiles are being loaded when you start a flight? (lots of URLs and numbers counting...)

Guest cbuchner1

The error messages on water areas (failed to load...) are normal. It indicates that no high resolution tiles were found in these areas. I should maybe disable printing that message, as it needlessly consumes CPU time to print to the text console.If scenery does not load quickly enough, try picking a slow aircraft. The motor glider for example. Locking the frame rate to 15 FPS helped me a lot - then the excess CPU horsepower is dedicated to loading terrain instead of rendering.You can save the flight at that muddy location, quit and restart FSX and reload that particular flight. It should be crisper then.Christian

Guest bond

>>It's all debug messages. These look pretty normal. The>unhandled Receive data type indicates that FSX signals an>"exception" through simconnect. I get this very seldom.>>Don't you get any messages that tiles are being loaded when>you start a flight? (lots of URLs and numbers counting...)>>No. Nothing like that.I get a message from fsx when it starts:"SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery directory(World0000SCENERY) in scenery Area.123 not found. Click ok to Continue"Have to click several times and then fsx starts.

Guest cbuchner1

About white tiles: I found the white sections to be part of the source data already. One particular service inserts white rectangles showing a crossed out camera icon wherever they don't have any high res coverage in a given region.If an entire tile is unavailable it may return a 404 error or alternatively it gets served as a PNG image depicting the camera icon (really depends on the service). That is easy to recognize and I can fall back to a lower resolution level.Sometimes half of a tile is covered with this icon (at the edges of high res maps) - and these tiles are unfortunately served as JPEG, so I cannot really distinguish them well from "normal" terrain tiles. I suspect you see the half tiles served in JPEG here. I would have to run an image recognition algorithm on these tiles sort these out - making everything run a bit slower unfortunately.Christian

Guest MauiHawk

...if that will free you up for a bit longer. (I can address the card from you so she doesn't get the wrong idea or anything).