Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

TileProxy Beta3 "giving up" after a while?

Hi. Is anyone else having this problem?I start a flight with no error messages.. After flying for a while, textures begin to become blurry.. However as I check the TP output window, it's not actually loading any new tiles. It just sais "Done" and doesn't begin counting down again.. If I trigger a reload by for example changing the LOD Radius setting to something else, the scenery beneath the aircraft becomes sharp, so the problem is not missing data or textures. As I keep flying, the problem returns.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Bramski

I was having this problem with beta2 (I've not installed beta 3 yet) It happened if I had the FPS set to Unlimited and the FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=2.0 setting in the fsx.cfg. Dropping the setting to 0.5 allowed it to run really smoothly for me.

Guest Jim Knows

I am not having the same problems that JimmiG is having because I can't even get it to work. But......In Beta 2, I had those same problems that JimmiG had and how I got rid of the problem was deleting the .caches, World(beta 1) and PhotoRealWorld(beta 2) files, PLUS the extra step of deleting (just removing checkmarks doesn't do it, u must delete) any World entries in the FSX scenery library. It was that extra step of going in to FSX and deleting all World entries in the scenery library that fixed a similar problem that you are having JimmiG.I am also having problems, but a different problem with TileProxy(Beta 3). Let me explain...TileProxy (Beta 2) works with FSX SP1 with no hitchs at all. Not a single error in fetching or loading the tiles. But the textures looking like "soup" after a few minutes was really starting to annoy me. Therefore, I figured I'd give Beta 3 a whirl hoping it would get rid of this "soup" annoyance, using the same proxyuser.ini settings as the other 2 betas. After uninstalling Beta 2, getting rid of any .cache, World and PhotoRealWorld files, plus anything that Beta 2 put as entries in the FSX SP1 scenery library, none tiles will even load, even at places I have never been before. The Proxy driver goes as usuual saying "connected to FSX" and all that, but loading processes aren't even attempted, and this with the same proxyuser.ini as the other 2 betas. So, I'm stuck also.What I have done now is uninstalled anything to do with FSX and SP1, then just finished a fresh install of FSX and SP1 and I'm going to try it again. I'll give the results of those attempts when I'd done and have tried every trick in the book that already has been posted in the past.If I cannot resolve the problem or don't see a solution here at Avsim, I will go through the lengthy process of reinstalling my entire computer with a reformatted HDD for good measure.

Thanks for your suggestions. I will try them out shortly.I do have the fiber option at 2.0 now, but framerate was locked at 16 during my trials. I'll still try dropping it to 0.5 and see what happens.If that doesn't work, I'll try completely clearing everything out as suggested. After removing the entries, I assume I'd add them again (after letting FSX rebuild its scenery library)?I hope I can get it to work because with the performance improvements of FSX SP1 and Beta3, I think I might finally get great performance with this program. Initial loading is very short now and before it gives up the ghost, the program does a great job of displaying sharp textures.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Well, I've tried it all but I just can't make it continiously load textures from the net.Here's a shot after loading a flight which was completely cached, after flying for a few minutes. If starting in a new location or clearing the caches, it loads the textures it needs for the current position, then never even tries to download any more data.

MSFS / XP

Guest cbuchner1

Hi there.I am just getting the German SP1 final download and I will check this out to see if it's a systematic problem or just a freak accident.Unfortunately I don't have the same huge "play test team" that Microsoft has available. All I can do is verify that it works on my system with my specific settings. Well, I've got three machines to test on and myself to perform the testing and that's basically it.Christian

Guest cbuchner1

triple posted due to slow database, sorry

Guest cbuchner1

double posted due to slow database, sorry

Guest cbuchner1

> TileProxy (Beta 2) works with FSX SP1 with no hitchs at all.Wow, my experience was exactly the opposite. I was getting constant crashes during SP1 testing, due to two reasons: -Missing light maps (problem fixed now according to Adam Szofran) -Very low resolution BMP tiles having containing 1 or two mip maps only: Instant crash of FSX (not sure about the status of this actually)If you're having serious trouble with Beta 3, I'd actually recommend that you stay with Beta 2 for a while.Christian

Guest cbuchner1

Well I just took a test flight over Berlin in the motor glider. I have my frame rates locked at 15 FPS. My fiber_frame_time_fraction value is set to 0.40 right now.It loaded sharp textures wherever I went. So I don't think the program is broken. I tested this on a Dual Core (Intel Core Duo 2) machine by the way.But when I circle over an area, something really fishy happens. Textures that previously had been displayed crisp would suddenly turn back into a blurry mess, one by one. The longer I stay over an area, the more likely it is that the textures turn blurry. Now that's bizarre. Don't remember that happening ever before.

Guest cbuchner1

Oh by the way.Anyone running the FSX SP1 release with TileProxy Beta 3 and having trouble should make absolutely sure that "ProxyUser.INI" contains the linesp1_mode=Yesin the TileProxy section on the top.Christian

Let me know how it works out on your system.I'm having some issues with blurries over default scenery too after isntalling SP1, even though FPS is greatly improved. It might be that something else is preventing FS from even requesting textures, in which case TP is not to blame.I also seem to have some weirdness going on in my scneryworldtexture folder, with a huge number of textures with a last modified date in the middle of the night on the 11th/12th of may etc. Unless the Aces team works night shifts now, they must have been placed there by something else and causing problems. I'm thinking possibly the initial version of TP, before I had a clue how to configure it :)If TP works without such issues for everyone else, I'll reinstall FSX from scratch tomorrow.. Hope I don't run out of activations

MSFS / XP

Allright I did a complete reinstall..After getting TP up and running again, it was doing a great job keeping the virtual earth below nice and sharp. Taking off from 4s2 and circling the area, it kept loading new tiles. However, as I headed north, and after crossing the river, it gave up again. Textures progressively became more and more blurry, but the program never loaded new tiles. I did switch views a bit before this happened..maybe that has something to do with it?

MSFS / XP