Sign in to follow this  
ulisses

ariane 737-400 wing view

Hello,I read in the manual to press shift+backspace while in virtual view to adjust passenger view, but it doesn't work here.Any idea ?Thanks,Ulisses

Make sure that you haven't re-mapped your 'Move Eyepoint Back' key under 'View.'

Hi David,It's working, but I can't move back near the wing, my forward and back moves are very restrict, like 3 meters..Any suggestion ?Thanks,Ulisses

There are two ways to set the wing views so you don't have to shift/backspace, which as you've noted is limited. The easiest is to enter the aircraft.cfg, find the line that says "eyepoint", and adjust the first number following the line. -10 to -20 seems to work best, moving the eyepoint 10 to 20 feet behind the COG, just behind the wing.The other way is accomplished through modification of the right and left "view" entries in the panel.cfg. Since the Ariane is aliased to one of the default panels, this may not work best unless you copy the contents from the panel folder into the Ariane's panel folder.I'm sorry to say I don't have the suggested entries for this method of moving the viewpoint--I believe it is the best way, as you get the wing views, but your forward view remains in the proper plac,e which is a must for getting the aircraft to the gate, and having a realistic pilot's perspective.-John

Hi,Thanks for the info, I did a merge between ariane and DF737, it works fine for wings view, I'm just not sure if the wing is from DF or ariane :)I'm not sure about the flight dynamics if it's from DF or ariane too.Thanks,Ulisses