Sign in to follow this  
Guest SIDDickDastardly

TileProxy Screenshots

Guest cbuchner1

Lovely pictures! I love the 4th one.It was a bit awkward to view them, as some of them have the TXT filetype extension.You can set a checkbox during upload that makes the images appear inline in your message. Try this ;)

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Rob,I did the same first time around!. You have to click jpeg after each load otherwise you get text. Also click the square box to display the pic directly in the thread(i.e click jpeg and the box each time)Re WOZ

Guest The Wizard of Oz

AAh OK. I had both running when applying the change.Re WOZ

Guest cbuchner1

Just found out that "Realtime priority" for TileProxy is a dangerous thing on single core machines.Sometimes this totally locks up the machine. I belive there is a condition under which TileProxy temporarily consumes 100% of the CPU (an unintended busy loop). As a result the data transfer never completes and TileProxy stays in the busy loop. No other processes get scheduled (lower priority!) and the PC effectively locks up.

Guest Rob_man

Thanks guys - I'll keep those tips in mind and try and read the "fine print" a bit more next time. Had to downsize them a bit in Paint too and hasn't really done them justice from 1680x1050. WOZ, I drool over those triple-head screens you post - how do you get them under 150k though so they'll upload?Rob

Guest The Wizard of Oz

I resample each frame in CorelPaint (older version) from 3840 x 1024 to 1024 x 273 and then compress from 15M to 65K or thereabout. I then load two of these in a 1024 x 600 white background and apply just a little sharpening to each frame to compensate for compression and then compress both down if necessary to 145 to 150K (to maintain AVSIM requirements). They look good at that zoom level but enlarge them and there quite pixelated.Also a lot has to do with composition and choice. I find I have to think about the shot I'm taking, remove ugly bits, look at the balance and structure and zoom level, is it pleasing to the eye etc.The originals on the screen are actually much more dramatic apart from the screen bezels although you don't notice these after a while.Re WOZ

Guest rbrown3rd

I found that out the hard way too. I tried it and hung my machine. Not a good idea with a single CPU machine. I also had to shut down my hung machine.

Guest Rob_man

Ah - more to it than meets the eye. Thanks for the explanation - and keep giving us more yummy shots too!R

Guest cbuchner1

WOW! Splendid!These look very similar to the pictures posted by user "RedCloud" in the libertysim forums (a french community). He must have used the same image source ;-)

Guest Tashunca-Uitco

Yes , it's a close cousin .:D I can fly in north Italy , region of Merano , Bolzano , at 130knts without blurries , but with RTM only .Under VE , all the country is in high def , it's wonderful .

Guest Tashunca-Uitco

Here some shots around the Zugspitze , summit at 2964m , near Garmisch Parten Kirchen , ski station in Deutschland .tribute to Christian B

Guest cbuchner1

Google earth's texture is horrible in the Alps (Southern Bavaria, Austria), except for Switzerland. I haven't tried Virtual Earth yet.Your terrain mesh seems a bit lacking in that region. Have you installed a 38 m Alps mesh yet? ;)

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Here