Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

SP1 uninstallation guide

Guest cbuchner1

So, concluding. The SP1 texture loading performance is less then stellar - and not necessarily related to TileProxy at all. So far we haven't found a reliable tweak or fix to this problem. So this is how to uninstall the SP1 update of FSX. This step by step guide is courtesy of cwright and I found it in the FSX main forum.1. From the Windows Start menu, run Control Panel and select Add/remove programs.2. In the list, locate Microsoft Flight Simulator X3. Tick (check) the Show Updates box at the top of the window.You should now see SP1 as a separate item.4. Click Remove, and that should do it.Very unfortunate, because SP1 was loading textures more EFFICIENTLY (but just not fast enough to keep up with a moving plane).Afterwards you please modify the proxyUser.INI file to saysp1_mode=No.Otherwise your textures will look horrible. ;)Christian

Guest Bramski

Top class info Christian, I never even touched SP1 for the simple reason is that I have tileproxy running like a dream at a locked rock solid 30FPS with extremely dense scenery complexity and large LOD radius. A man cannot ask for much more than that :)

Guest Rob_man

Loved what SP1 did for my frame rates, but I'm addicted to TP now and there's no going back! Bit the bullet tonight and did the SP1 un-install as you described without difficulty. Returned to my home airfield surrounded by lots of cached scenery and FINALLY everything coming up quickly with almost no blurries - can see them clearing as I fly away (into what was previously permanent blurries only fixed by full scenery refresh). Textures loading quickly and smoothly as continue into new terrain areas.Haven't been scientific about this, but get the feeling using increased connections and bulk_extend has had just as great effect as removing SP1 (did both at same time).If of use to anyone, current hodge-podge of settings:ProxyUser Config:sp1_mode=Noserver is VE (currently blacklisted off GE with static cable IP!)module_config="conn=20|server=http://a*.ortho.tiles.virtualea etcbulk_extend=100FSX.cfg:UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=20 (achieving comfortably)PerfBucket=30FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.7SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=1000PoolSize=5000000Its so damned beautiful now - heading off to explore good old Southeast Queensland with my VFR charts in hand (or would be if it wasn't 2am dammit!) :-hahRobAMD64 4000+, 2gb, FSX RTM, TP Beta 3, GeForce 6800 Ultra

Guest cbuchner1

The PerfBucket and SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT are SP1 specific, you might as well get rid of them now ;)

Guest wyoming

Just asking because, suspecting a mess, I haven't installed SP1. And I don't want to screw up what I have for nothing. Anybody?

Guest captiandon

So I need to get rid of SP1 if I want to use the Tileproxy?

Guest Rob_man

>>The PerfBucket and SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT are SP1 specific, you>might as well get rid of them now ;)>Oh - Ta for that Christian. 2 less variables to worry about fiddling with. I wonder if there is really enough info yet to encourage Tileproxy users to steer clear (or uninstall) SP1. Having said that:- helped me keep crisp textures- certainly seems to be lots of people suffering texture issues in the SP1 problem threadsBetter make sure everything is still working ok I guess - any excuse to do some more exploring.... :-beerchugRob

Guest GREENGRASS

help pleaseI am running vista ,i cannot find the update box?thanks Don

Guest cbuchner1

Found that in the FSX forum:In Vista, it's listed under "View installed updates" on the left side of the Uninstall a program page.

Guest GREENGRASS

Found it ,my thanks Don

Christian, Rather than put a whole new thread up I thought that I would post here that I had installed FSX SP1 and afterwards applied TP Beta 3 and it all went south on me. I thought at first it was TP Beta 3 but now I am more certain that it was FSX SP1.Yesterday I went back and did a clean install of FSX and DID NOT put on FSX SP1 and put TP Beta 3 and all is well now, I tested flying over the Grand Canyon last night with G**gle and it looked great !!!!I am more than a little disappointed with all the hype about FSX SP1 and in my case it led to nothing but grief from the time I installed it, too many weird things started happening.Thanks, Danny

Don, I posted seperately but when I ran FSX SP1 and TP 3, it all went south, when I reinstalled w/o SP1 all is working well now. I do not see that many benefits with SP1 anyway!Danny

Guest jcmckeown

ACES have been fairly open to the community so far but no word on this SP1 texture loading issue so far. Can't understand why. So many people have been posting about this that surely they can't be just ignoring it?

>1. From the Windows Start menu, run Control Panel and select>Add/remove programs.>2. In the list, locate Microsoft Flight Simulator X>3. Tick (check) the Show Updates box at the top of the>window.>You should now see SP1 as a separate item.>4. Click Remove, and that should do it.>ChristianHi christian...thanks for all your work on a great contribution to our hobby. I want to uninstall SP1 and enjoy TP without the blurries. But, using the MS add/remove system, when I check SP1 for removal, after a period of time, a box popz up asking me to load Disk 1 of the FSX program. Will not that remove all of FSX if I follow through, or just SP1. thanks again, for all of your help and contributions!Sherman KaplanHighland Park IL