Sign in to follow this  
Guest EGLD

Working INI file

Guest EGLD

HiCan someone please post a cut and paste of their working INI file? there seem to be a few versions, none of which work for me, various errors receivedOmit the obvious part of the URL if requiredThanksEGLD

Many folks have had a go-around with this including myself at first. Fortunately, in TP Beta 3, the DEFAULT ProxyUser.ini works perfectly if you make two small changes: The "figurethisoutyourself" parts of the URLs just need to be replaced with v******e****.net (for Service Exapmple 1) and "g*****.com" (for Service Example 2). Then, under the [TileProxy] heading, remember to remove the # sign from in front of the service you wish to try to activate it. IMPORTANT: Make sure to ADD a # sign to the non-functioning "Acme" example to DE-ACTIVATE it, i.e. so only ONE service remains without a # sign and thus "active".If your careful with these changes everything should work fine. If you have more errors you can most likely rest assured it's not the .ini file. If you've already overwritten or altered your default ProxyUser.ini file, a quick re-install will re-instate it. Finally, for your first flight at least, it's always a good idea to pick an area to fly that has good hi-res coverage where you wish to fly by checking the online versions of the services first to be sure. Then:1. Boot the TP "Load filter driver and run proxyUser" shortcut in your TP/Programs menu. 2. Once it has fully initialized, boot FSX. 3. Load your flight and wait for textures to load, (could take 5-10+ minutes).4. TRY TO HOLD UP JAW FROM REPEATLY FALLING TO FLOOR....

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Guest EGLD

Hi,Thanks very much for taking the time to explain thatIt looks better initially, two batches of images seem to download looking at the Tileproxy console, then nothingLeft it for about 20 minutes, no other files appear to download, and FSX stops loading at 31%Any thoughts what might be wrong?Thanks !EGLD

Guest cbuchner1

A virus scanner or other third party software interfering with the filesystem filter driver?

Guest EGLD

Yes, that did the trick !First reaction - WOW, unbelievable. Literally, this is the best thing I've ever seen in a flight sim. Its far, far better than any VFR product I've ever seenI think anyone who's used Flight Sims over the years will no doubt have considered the possibility that this would be the "Killer Feature" in Flight SimulationSir, you may just go down in Flight Simulation history if you can pull this off with either the support or cooperation of "the big two" who are required to make this possibleI wish you good luck, this will literally change Flight Sim foreverEGLD

Guest EGLD

Just one extra comment - have you considered the possibility of this working in FS9?

Guest EGLD

I see, in fact having seen the UK VFR software running under FS9 and FSX, I totally understand what you are sayingTime to drag myself into the year 2007 I guess !!

Guest cbuchner1

It could work when running tileProxy in SP1 mode. That is the mode where it relies on the flight sim reading only the resolution (mipmap) of the tile that it is actually interested in.Also you need to set max_lod to 11 and thereby restrict yourself to 256x256 pixel tiles at 4.75m resolution.So you just launch FS9 instead of FSX and hope for the best. you DO need simconnect.dll installed on your machine (meaning FSX should be installed as well).And the phototerrain scenery would have to be manually added to FS9.Christian

Guest cc747

Hi, Unfortunately my tile proxy don`t work too. I unload all other programs -virus scanner, firewall and all other-, and I use the original INI file with all "Truthan changes" and without.But I receive a scrolling error message:"Error was 6 for transfer...failed to resolve host, retrying..."Can you help me? Sorry for my English..cc747

Guest EGLD

Can you paste your ini file here? it sounds like the domain names are wrong

Guest cc747

>Can you paste your ini file here? it sounds like the domain>names are wrongOf course (it`s edited, but I try with original too) :[TileProxy]lod_distance=1000sp1_mode=Yessource=Service Example 1source=Service Example 2#source=Acme Globe Service[Acme Globe Service]cache_folder=cache.acmenetwork_module=libnettilemodule_config="server=http://server*.acmeglobe.com|path=/terraintile?pos=%s&v=10|quad=ABCD|balance=0123|agent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; The TileProxy Project)"max_lod=13min_level=9max_level=17color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=25[service Example 1]cache_folder=cache.service1network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|server=http://a*.ortho.tiles.virtualearth.net|path=/tiles/a%s.jpeg?g=52|quad=0123|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"max_lod=13min_level=9max_level=17color_hack=Yescolor_level=13bulk_extend=50[service Example 2]cache_folder=cache.service2network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|server=http://kh*.google.com|path=/kh?t=t%s&n=404&v=17|quad=qrts|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"max_lod=13min_level=5max_level=17color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=50

Guest wyoming

My (working) line doesn't have it.

Guest EGLD

It looks like you might have line breaks in your "module_config" linesIn the first section, after "Mozilla/4." there is a gap between the next piece of dataI know it might be the formatting this forum has applied, but I seem to recall another INI that was pasted here had the same problemIf you look, you will see you have this problem on all the "module_config" lines in each sectionEverything which is enclosed in quotes "" needs to be on one line, open the INI in notepad, turn off "word wrap", and you'll see what I meanThats my guess anyway