Sign in to follow this  
Guest rbrown3rd

Initial Load but No Updates

Guest rbrown3rd

Hello All,I think I posted this somewhere else before we got our own forum here. Tileproxy works pretty well for me. Any limitations seem to be my system and graphics card. One issue still plagues me though. When I start TP and FSX the textures load for the area that I am starting at but when flying I get no updates. I can pause forever but no updates occur. Wondering if there could be a setting in my ini file that causes this? I have changed the LOD in the sim from small, to medium, to large and nothing changes other than the radius of the initial load. I can fly a while, save a flight, exit the sim, and then load the flight at the new location and all the textures load at that new location. Any ideas?

Guest idratherbeflying

Hi,You need to refresh the scenery while airborn. Assign the refresh scenery option (controls screen) to your keyboard/joystick/yoke and when you think you would like to "force" TileProxy to fetch the textures, hit the button. It will take a while, but with some patience, you'll get there.Hope this helps and happy flyin' :)Louie.

Guest cbuchner1

With SP1 of Flight Simulator, some users are struck with a really bad texture and scenery update performance. For some users it even affects Autogen. There are tons of threads about "the blurries" in the FSX forum and no one has found why this happens and under which circumstances this happens. I believe it's a bug in SP1 that affects only some users (or some users more than others).Locking the frame rate MAY help somewhat. Setting high FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION values in fsx.cfg MAY help as well. Increasing the PerfBucket value in fsx.cfg MAY also help. Increasing Level of Detail radius to Medium or High is also not a bad idea.With all these tweaks I got from a *terrible* to a so-so update performance.Instructions to uninstall the SP1 can be found in this forum as well. Usually performance gets much better with Tileproxy then.

Guest jcmckeown

And may I add that I get the same issues with the FranceVFR photo scenery product. When I load up initially all looks good but after a while the second CPU gets bogged down at 100% and cannot load tiles properly any more. No idea what the second CPU is doing but there is no doubt this is a big regression from RTM where everything works just fine.Rgds,JCMK

Guest rbrown3rd

>Hi,>>You need to refresh the scenery while airborn. Assign the>refresh scenery option (controls screen) to your>keyboard/joystick/yoke and when you think you would like to>"force" TileProxy to fetch the textures, hit the button. >>It will take a while, but with some patience, you'll get>there.>>Hope this helps and happy flyin' :)>>Louie.What a great idea. Oh, and good to see you on this forum.

Guest Bramski

What is your Fiber setting at? I set mine to 0.40 and its good as gold. If I use 2.0 I get the same problems you're having. I'm using a dual core CPU if that makes any difference.