Sign in to follow this  
Guest Klaus1091

Best TileProxy-Server for which area of the world?

Guest Klaus1091

I did a couple of tests with different servers of TileProxyand there wasn't anything better than Google Earth. At least whereI was hanging around. Did you come across a more detailed tile than GoogleEarth andif yes, which region of the Earth ?If so ? Maybe Christian can put some intelligence in the UserProxy.iniand alter "Load Server" depending on the aircraft location ?Some challenge Christian ?Like your piece of software !Cheers Klaus

Guest BazzaLB

I found the Hawaiian Islands to be great resolution on VE. I have also been flying around San Francisco which looks superb from VE as well (also High res).I check the places out first using www.flashearth.com to see if I can zoom to the lowest levels and then check the details. Ultracam and GlobeXplorer provide High res images and VE are slowly adding these to their image database. The following locations on VE are provided by Ultracam and GlobeXplorer (although I have not necessarily checked them out yet, and this is not an exhaustive list)New Ultracam Hi resolution Ortho Imagery :Austin, Cheektowaga, Calgary, Glendale, Toronto, Manhattan, Hamilton, Portland, Buffalo, Ottawa GlobeXplorer Orthos :Ventura, St. Louis, Santa Barbara, San Diego, San Bernardino County, Riverside County I got blacklisted from GE so had to find some nice VE imagery. Try Hawaii, you will not be dissapointed by the VE images. Absolutely superb.

Guest Bramski

I've been using GE a #### of a lot more then VE, mainly because I can use this neat little GE addon for FSX that allows me to plot high resolution trips between different airports and airfields in FSX.http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads-fil...95-details.htmlI'll pick a part of the world I want to see, pick my starting airport and destination, then use Google Earth to see where theres high res tiles between the 2 airports and set my flight plan accordingly in fsx so I can avoid the Low resolution tiles. Try it out it's pretty cool.Ive also been usin this site to find cool places to fly, needless to say my screenshot folder is huge as is my cache folders :)http://www.googletouring.com/category.php?cat=10

Guest BazzaLB

Also, I believe the "alter 'Load Server' depending on the aircraft location" is on the "Future Work Items" list already.- Ability to auto-select different online services by geographic area and based on user preference