Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

I am Completely Lost - Need Help

Hi,I read the instruction manual, and yet I cannot figure it out, I have been running in circles for two days. I have TileProxy installed, what I need is a working TileProxy INI file.If someone could help me out, send it via PM.Thank you

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I'm having problems as well. Could you send me that ini file as well? Thankschalkman@hotmail.com

I've got the software loaded, the ini.file loaded. I find this topic in the user manual: "How to configure proxyUser to use a proxy server." Is there anything I need to do here? Please forgive me, but like my friend, who began the thread, I'm a real world pilot, but not computer smart.I don't understand how to get it started.Has anyone written a simple step by step for simple folks like me?Have a great Memorial Day (U.S) and God bless,Steve

That's what I thought too, but I believe that you only need to add that line if you use a proxy server to connect to the internet.

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Do not include that proxy server statement in your ini it will cause errors and is not necessary. Don't worry I did it as well to start with. Its a bit to test your mettle (grin).

Okay,Thanks for that, but now, how do I get the program to come up and start downloading the tiles. Does it execute automatically when you select your flight in FSX? Or do you have to tell it where you will be outside of the sim?Thanks,Steve

Guest Arussell

>Okay,>>Thanks for that, but now, how do I get the program to come up>and start downloading the tiles. Does it execute automatically>when you select your flight in FSX? Or do you have to tell it>where you will be outside of the sim?>>Thanks,>Steve Hi Steve, It's actually pretty straightforward, once the ProxyUser file has the correct server information. 1) Under Windows Start, All Programs, there should be a TileProxy selection, and within there select "load filter driver and run proxyUser". A DOS window should now appear, a few messages appear, wait until they stop appearing, then launch FSX. Always do things in this order. Now, wherever you choose to fly within FSX (assuming there is server satellite or aerial photo coverage for that area), TileProxy will run in the background and get the scenery tiles for you (JPEG images), save them in a cache folder, and convert and create the scenery for you in a format that FSX can use, stored in the Photoscenery folder. Once you get all the scenery tiles for an area, you don't need to run TileProxy again, if you fly the same area. Sometimes it is a good idea to circle the same area a few times, to ensure that TileProxy has a chance to get the highest resolution tiles. 2) A few people, such as myself, initially got a filter driver error message in the DOS Window (and hence TileProxy didn't initially work after the install). If you see this, you need to copy the file called fltmc.exe from your Windows System directory into your TileProxy folder and the problem will be solved. Good luck, and it's definitely worth the effort!Tony

Thank you Tony!That will get me started. I figured there was some way to turn it on outside the sim, though I couldn't find that in the user manual. Unfortunately the church I serve, I'm a pastor, has highspeed but I live in a rural area with no highspeed available except satellite ($$$). So I can't wait to get back there and try it out. I didn't even look on the Windows Start screen.Yes, I am really blown away by the screen shots. I have dreamed of this for years. Christian has made such a contribution here. I can't wait to enjoy it. I have no tech know how but my best Flight Sim buddy and I have been speaking of wishing someone would develop a "live" overlay of satellite photos on mesh for at least 6 years. I gave him lessons in real airplanes, and he introduced me to flight simming. I can't seem to get hold of him. He will be astounded when he sees the screenshots on this forum.It about makes Flight Simming a "spiritual experience!" My wife, wouldn't understand that! ;^)Thanks for taking time to answer... I'm sure I'll have some issues but its good to know there is help close by.Have a nice weekend!Steve

Yep, thanks Tony your advice helped me greatly. I have just had my first TP experience and it was, well, pretty good. I still have some tweaking to do evidently, but this is pretty incredible stuff when you think about the scope of it.

Guest Arussell

Glad to help guys. A few other points worth mentioning. On my computer system I needed to experiment a bit with configuration settings to achieve the best results and this is what works best for me at the moment, with SP1 installed. I need to have the detail radius on low (small) as this gives me the sharpest and highest resolution textures close to the plane the most often. It appears that the results here can differ on different computers, so you may want to experiment with this setting. I still have occasional 'blurry' periods, but they are short-lived. I am using the following modifications of the FSX.cfg file, as others have suggested, and these worked for me. TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400 UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=19 FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.90 (I kept increasing the value from the default until I noticed jerkiness in the sim, then I backed off a little till I found the 'sweet spot') I have Global Texture quality at medium (512 X 512). My impression is that I get less blurring when I have this setting lower. Given that the JPEGs being downloaded from the server are only 256 X 256, I am ensure if you benefit at all from having a 1024 X 1024 setting (other than having better looking aircraft and building textures). Maybe Christian can elaborate on this? One last thing. I find looking ahead of time at the area I wish to fly with both the Virtual Earth site (http://local.live.com/) and Google Maps site (http://maps.google.com/) helps to select the better server to get images from when using TileProxy. This point is probably pretty obvious to everyone... Best regards,Tony

Guest cbuchner1

You limit yourself to 2m/pixel ground resolution with the Global Texture quality "medium" setting.If you don't run TileProxy in SP1 mode with FSX SP1, it will still download tiles at 1m/pixel from Google. In SP1 mode, TileProxy "knows" which resolution Flight Sim wants to load.You might ant to reduce both the max_lod and max_level argument in proxyUser.INI by one to match your TileProxy settings to the reduced texture resolution.max_lod=12max_level=16should be fine for 512x512 textures.Christian

Hi Geofa - I'm having problems as well. Could you send me that ini file as well? Thanks.Bob LRLyddy@gmail.com

Guest craig1998

could we upload a proxyuser.ini file to like mediafire.com or some other file hosting site?