Sign in to follow this  
Guest GREENGRASS

tile proxy and fs earth?

Guest GREENGRASS

I have tried all ways to get tile proxy to work and used all the differnt cfig's that have been posted and cannot get it to work.Is it possible that "google fs earth" that is in my addon folder in fsx could be in some way clashing with tile proxy and in someway stopping it loading properly.just a thought Don

Guest frandav

Same for me. I load the filter driver and start FSX. Select aircraft and location and OK. After that, in the filter window I see millions of messages but all of them are of two kind:a)..... received http response 404 ......b)fetching tiles at level x ...... failed!And the loading of the scenery stops at 32%By the way. GE (the application) works fine, so I believe I'm not in the blacklist.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

Guest Bramski

I get a lot of Failed! and 404 responses, a lot of the time thats water it's fetching or tiles that aren't available at a certain level. In Oahu I got about 70% failed tiles but when I loaded it up it was perfect mainly because the surrounding area was 70% water and that doesn't have the tiles available at the lower levels so you see a lot of Fails.It also sticks around 33% on my machine and at 67% and takes a good few minutes to load after that, especially if Im running a new area. I think thats where it does a lot of building of textures so it takes a while, sit it out and you'll probably find that it's working fine.

Guest frandav

Thanks Bramski, but it didn't work. After waiting for about 15 minutes, FSX started and the terrain looked like the pic at the end of this post:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=341&mode=fullOne thing I noticed is that the program is not creating the cache folder. I don't know if that's correct, but the first time i ran tileproxy, it created a folder called cache2... inside the FSXTileproxy directory. The logic of the application is fairly simple, so I don't think I'm doing something wrong. But, who knows?.Fran----

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Well, same thing happens to me. But its OK - failed tiles around Hawaii are because its accessing water according to Christian. And FSX will "sit" quite some time (minute or so) at 32%. You have to be very patient it will very slowly creep beyond 32% and once it gets to 50 to 60% it will suddenly speed to 100%. But it all takes 10 to 15 mins. This is the price we all have to pay at present. (Note: I'm using a ADSL 0.4 Mbps connection with conn=5)Don't watch the proxy screen - go fetch a cup of coffee and make the memsaab one too!. Once your in you'll be amazed. But be careful if you decide to change any parameters in the scenery you'll have to wait another 5 to 10 mins for things to load (There are thousands of tiles to process). So once in FSX leave any mods alone with the exception of clouds.Cheers WOZ

Guest frandav

At first I thought that was the problem, because I situated the plane at Gran Canaria which is surrounded by water, so I decided to try in Madrid (LEMD) which is at the center of Spain. Same result. Almost 98% of all the messages I see are fetching...... failed!. I leave it at 32%, and after a while it does exactly what you say (after 50 to 60% fast until 100%), and there I have it: my plane in Madrid Barajas and nothing in the surrounding area. Nothing.I uninstalled and reinstalled Tileproxy, and only modified the minimum needed in the config file. But the problem stays the same.The fact is that I didn't want to buy FSX until the end of the year, but after seeing Tileproxy I decided to get it. And now this. Well, thanks anyway

Guest cbuchner1

Just fetching failed? Nothing like any of the following?Transfer #xx received HTTP response yyyError was yy for transfer #xx (blahblah), cleaning up...Transfer #xx returned nothing, retrying (yy)..."Transfer #xx failed to resolve host, retrying (yy)...Transfer #xx resulted in redirect, retrying (yy)...Transfer #xx CURLcode yy returned (blahblah)!This is pretty much all the messages the network module spits out when something regarding network access goes wrong. And the information for troubleshooting the problem is in the message.Christian

Guest frandav

Yes, as I mentioned at the beginning of the post I also get the following type of message:Transfer #x received http response 404 (http://kho.g****.com/tiles/aqssrtsqqqsq.jpg?g=52).This is the only other message I get.I'm using "source=Service Example 2" and:[service Example 2]cache_folder=cache.service2network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=10|rate=1.0|server=http://kh*.g......com|path=/kh?t=t%s&n=404&v=17|path=/tiles/a%s.jpeg?g=52|quad=qrts|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"max_lod=13min_level=5max_level=17color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=50ThanksFran-----

Guest cbuchner1
http://kho.g****.com/tiles/aqssrtsqqqsq.jpg?g=52Oh nice, you mixed up the path portion of Virtual Earth with the server portion of Google. There are better places for mashups than URLs... like music, videos, art... but in URLs the server doesn't appreciate it ;)Christian

Guest frandav

Sorry, Christian, but I don't understand what you mean? Could you elaborate, please?ThanksFran----

Guest frandav

Now I understand. ThanksFran-----

Guest cbuchner1

Looking in your INI file, I see two path statements in the same module_config string. That seems fishy. I believe the first one should stay, the second one must go.

Guest frandav

Well, I don't know why, but it seems like nothing works for me. I've tried everything. I've downloaded working ini files from other posts, and nothing. I always get 2 kind of messages: "fetching ..... failed!" and "received http response 404...". No redirection nor rejection. And it takes forever to load or never loads. Last night I left it loading and this morning was still working repeatin fetchin....failed! very slowly.I'm tired. I'm about to give up. I have a life :)I hope one day I'll be as lucky as others in this forum to see the Canary Islands (among others) with tleproxy.Thanks

Guest Arussell

>Well, I don't know why, but it seems like nothing works for>me. I've tried everything. I've downloaded working ini files>from other posts, and nothing. I always get 2 kind of>messages: "fetching ..... failed!" >and "received http response 404...". No redirection nor>rejection. And it takes forever to load or never loads. Last>night I left it loading and this morning was still working>repeatin fetchin....failed! very slowly.>I'm tired. I'm about to give up. I have a life :)>I hope one day I'll be as lucky as others in this forum to see>the Canary Islands (among others) with tleproxy.>>Thanks Try using the Virtual Earth server if you haven't already. I sometimes have a lot of trouble with Google Earth whereas Virtual Earth is rock-solid for me. Also try populated areas of California (or other cities in the US) as they usually have good Virtual Earth coverage. Also try a Low detail radius setting in FSX so that TileProxy isn't trying to get so many tiles the first time. It's a good setting to start with to make sure things are working.Best of luck,Tony