Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

what goes into Beta 4

Guest cbuchner1

more SPEED! more PERFORMANCE!I turned the interface between proxyUser and tileproxy.sys into a 16 lane highway. When Flight Simulator asks for a single tile, I send up to 16 tiles to the driver at once.Further reads by FSX can then be satisfied within the driver. So the amount of communication between proxyUser.exe and the driver has been cut down to a fraction of what it was before. All that translates to less overhead and more speed.Even a large LOD radius doesn't take forever to load and it updates somewhat faster as you fly.I want to optimize the read speeds in coastal areas and around islands. This turns out to be slow as proxyUser checks its jpeg cache folders for missing high res sea tiles WAY TOO MUCH, slowing everything down.I think I improved Vista compatibility somewhat, but occasionally I still get weird effects.I also added coverage for French Polynesia, maybe I will add some more.

Guest Bramski

Just when I thought it couldnt get any better :)

Looking forward to giving this another try on Vista 32, Christian!Had to uninstall SP1 in the end although I may have another tinker with it today.

Guest pev

Sounds great! It looks like you're optimizing Beta4 pretty good. Looking forward to trying it out. Thank You!

Guest Arussell

Sounds great. Looking forward to it Christian.Tony

Guest Tashunca-Uitco

It seems to me that Mad