Sign in to follow this  
Guest Funky D

VE imagery updated

Guest Funky D

I was doing an MSN map search today, and noticed the satalite imagery in my home town is much better! Turns out VE just added another 11.5TB of imagery... check out the updates here:http://blogs.msdn.com/virtualearth/archive...ay-23-2007.aspxI didn't mess with TileProxy much because the satalite imagery for WI was pretty bad, but looks like its time to give it another shot!Paul

Guest cbuchner1

Careful, the proxyUser.INI contains a version parameter in the URL. You may have to bump the number up to get the new imagery. lEaving the version argument away might also work (assuming the server then delivers the most up-to-date map version)

Guest Arussell

Yummy. Lots of new areas! But is there a change of version number? How do you find out?Tony

Guest Funky D

I didn't have to change anything in the INI file (although I did end up dropping SP1... the blurries were killing things :( )The new imagery in my area looks great! There was a bit too much contrast for my taste, but it was better than some addon scenery I've seen. I'm a big fan of autogen, but it was surreal being able to spot my old home airport from 15 miles away by the blotch of city to the north :)Paul