Sign in to follow this  
Guest GREENGRASS

things i have tried

Guest GREENGRASS

I estimate in have spent 100 plus hours trying to get tileproxy to work, what else is there left to try?closed virus programclosed user accountstried all three versions of tpadded p1 mode =yesconfig files altered correctly- and closing space after Mozilla/4.0I get a stream of words when proxy user fires up,mostlytrasfer failed to resolve host retrying .after 3 or 4 hours fsx starts and i get either acheckerboard affect -all the scenery showing like its half finished and recently i am getting the map of the world scattered around in various tiles.and the cache folder is missing out of the tp folder.I would love to get results like some of you have posted as screenshots,but am lost as to what i can try next.any and all ideas apprieciatedDonintel 6600 2 core3gig of ramnvidia geforce 8800 gxt

Guest frandav

That's exactly what's happening to me.Fran---

Guest cbuchner1

"Failed to resolve host" means the server name that is part of the URL does not exist on the Internet (or alternatively you don't have a working Internet connection on the machine and therefore it cannot resolve the name to an IP address - but I think that's an unlikely scenario in your case)So for example if TileProxy looks for a server called acmeglobal.com this can't work because that's a name I made up for illustrating how to configure the software.Since it can't connect the specified server, it cannot download any JPEG tiles and hence you don't see a cache folder being generated at all.have a look at this web site and compare the URLs you're trying to access against the examples listed on the page.http://modestmaps.mapstraction.com/trac/wi...mingConventions

Guest wyoming

and for some reason, the "kh*" doesn't work whereas "kh" without the * does...

Guest cbuchner1

bizarre.The star works fine for me ;)

Guest Bramski

Yea the star works magic for me too, the files just fly down from about 5 different servers at once.