Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

MSN live coverage for Gemany has just been radically improved

Guest cbuchner1

Virtual Earth have just checked in 1m/pixel satellite images for all of Germany. Yikes!

Guest cbuchner1

I just tried it in flashearth, just southwest of Munich nearone of the lakes and it worked fine.These images are only visible when you zoom in quite far.That is a problem for TileProxy, as there will be a suddentransition from low quality "mushy" texture to the high restexture layer. ;(To extend the high quality "ring" around the aircraft, I wouldhave to force the program to load higher zoom levels, resultingin more data transfers.Imagine downloading 100 Megapixels and using only a quarter ofthem in FSX ;(

Guest BazzaLB

hmmm, the imagery seems to be identical to GE for me (checked out lakes in Bavaria 47 56 53.7' N 11 06 44.4' E). Exact same resolution. Certainly not as fine as Hawaiian Islands?

Guest cbuchner1

Well that's the point: They've caught up to GE in terms of quality for all of Germany. You can now see houses where previously it was all mushy pixel goo.

Guest BazzaLB

Flew around using VE in FSX and headed for neuschwanstein.. Colors are quite washed out in VE compared to GE.

Guest cbuchner1

Gee, funny that all "tourists" think Germany is all about Hofbr

Actually-I've been all over Germany many times-but I did enjoy Neuschwanstein greatly and visited quite a few Hofbrauhauses.....and scenery wise seems like it would be one of the best places to visit with Tileproxy. You guys do have the best beer in the world...I miss it greatly.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Guest Bramski

I went to the Nurburgring and did a lap of the Nordschleife.... in my Microlite :D

Guest wyoming

Fatal to Jim Clark. High speed negative slope curves and all.

Guest wyoming

I'm thinking about a, say, 180 facing forward. If this is about flight, I'd be willing to ditch the rear views. That would bring another variable, the heading, though... But that would also cut the loading in half..?

Guest christian

No, that was Hockenheim...