Sign in to follow this  
michal

hybrid scenery method possible?

I was wondering if it could be possible to have one day an option to use both the FSX scenery and photo-based scenery on the same flight. Looking at what is available at GE I realized that photo scenery really shines around major cities. It would be super nice to have an option to configure the scenery and define say a few lat/lon rectangles (or expressed as 'tiles') where you would use the photo-scenery and use the default FSX scenery for everything else if you were outside of those rectangles. Just thinking aloud.BTW, I have really basic question - where is the elevation data used by TP coming from? GE or whatever mesh is installed in FSX?Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

Guest cbuchner1

Too bad, the photo scenery coverage has to be defined by means of BGL files. I created a few thousand of these, and each single one of them covers a HUGE area (about 96 x 64 BGLs cover the entire globe, but some have been omitted because they are over oceans).Yes, we could selectively switch some of these BGLs off, but the granularity is quite coarse. All of France I believe is covered by just 2 BGLs. ;)If you want to define your own BGL areas, feel free to download the FSX 2004 SDK and use the resample.exe too to define a landclass type of 252 (phototerrain with sceneries and lightmaps) for any lat/lon rectangle you want. You can disable any of the BGLs I provided and use your own. It takes a few hours to understand usage of the resample tool though.It would be easier for me to provide configurability as to which map service to use for different lat/lon rectangles. My program has full control over this decision. However the decision of using photoscenery vs. stock scenery is up to FSX and this has to be predefined with said BGL files. Any change in there requires a rescan of the scenery library so it can't be made dynamic.Christian