Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter Bowcut

Using TileProxy generated terrain in FS2004 - it will work.....

Guest Peter Bowcut

Although TileProxy per se is not compatible with FS2004, you can still use FSX and TileProxy to generate cached terrain data in FSX, then copy the associated .bgls and texture .bmps to a FS2004 directory, then add to your FS2004 scenery library. It will work fine, just that you have to realize you won't get the ultra sharp 1 meter/pixel resolution that you get in FSX. Also, Tileproxy scenery logged into the FS2004 scenery library will have the temporary effect of altering the default FS2004 .bgl terrain base, making the sim only have detailed scenery in one specific area of the FS World (i.e., the scenery you generated with FSX and TP). All you have to do is uncheck the TileProxy scenery from the FS2004 scenery library to revert back to regular FS2004 scenery again, however. In other words no permanent changes are made as this acts as add-on scenery only.Not near as cool as FSX, but for those of us that still cling to FS2004 and our wonderful add-ons with BUTTER SMOOTH frame rates :), this is a quick way to enjoy photo scenery over a specific area of interest. All you need do is fly over the area you want with TileProxy and FSX, then import to FS2004.

Guest EGLD

That sounds great, thanks for the infoWhich folders and files am I looking for? there are a ton of folders in the Tileproxy folder, which just contain BGLs, then there is a Tileproxy folder in the FSX folder which contains tons of JPGsWhich files and folders should I be using for FS2004?Thanks !

Guest cbuchner1

If anyone could E-mail me the latest FSDConnection 1.3 version and the corresponding SDK, I would quickly add FS9 compatibility to Tileproxy.Right now I can only access some outdated source code on the sourceforge project page here http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/glassflightdeckThe downloads on www.flightdecksoftware.com are all broken due to a PHP upgrade, I assume. If anyone would have the current version, please E-Mail this to Christian.Buchner at gmail.comChristian

Guest cbuchner1

ah, that links to a HTTP index page with all the downloads, thank you.

Guest Klaus1091

A simple and easy way is:1. Find out in which scenery folder TileProxy writes the bgl-files Look in the Microsoft GamesTileProxy Photoreal World folder and find out which number it is e.g. 0302. I simply used the "File Search" for updates today. Then the TEXTURE folder which has been updated today is listed. 2. Start FS9 and ADD scenery Microsoft GamesTileProxy Photoreal World folder0302, leave FS9 and restart.That's allKlaus

Guest cbuchner1

Hmm now I am stuck when I try to use FDSConnection.dllCalling FDSC_Open() results in a FDS_ERROR_CONNECTION error message although a FDSConnection.dll (official version 1.3) has been placed in the FS2004 Modules folder and it seems to be getting activated (as I find a FDSConnection.out file in the Modules folder containing some debug info).With FDSC_Open() failing, I cannot ask for aircraft coordinates and I am stuck.The binary that I am trying was compiled on Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition SP1 with the User32.lib from Windows Vista SDK 6000 February 2007 Update (6.1.6000.16384.10.WindowsSDK_Vista_Feb2007Update_rtm.DVD.Rel.iso)Will try to rebuild the binary on an older Visual Studio and a different Windows SDK for comparison...Christian

Guest cbuchner1

Found the problem! Was an unfortunate mixup between Unicode and ASCII.... I shouldn't have ignored those compiler warnings after all

Guest cbuchner1

FS 2004 - A Century of Flight has been tileproxified ;)I will have to work on tweaking the installer and config settings for a general release - but in principle the thing works.

Guest EGLD

Great news !!Can't wait to try it, I'm happy to try a version without installer if you need a rough "beta test" !dirkgently1 (at) gmail.com