Sign in to follow this  
airlinejets

A few questions...

I have not been able to get this program to work. I have a few questions that might help me and certainly others to figure out why some can and some can't. The ini file I have is the original, which is fine, so that's not it.1) I get the program to work (attaches succesfully) and download tiles, but it stops after a couple of megs and just stalls there for HOURS! That's not normal. I have a 1 Mbps cable connection (125k). Could this be the reason why, a timeout maybe? 2) Would upgrading to a 3Mbps connection solve the problem?3) I have read and posted (never got a reply) in another thread here that the there is a World folder created in C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XWorld. My installation does not contain this folder. Might this be the problem?I don't at the moment have a dual core machine, is anyone else getting it to work with lesser machines?I have completely deleted TP, re-downloaded it again (in case the first one was corrupt) but that didn't work either. I even reinstalled FSX completely...no joy!Any hints or help appreciated. thanks

Guest cbuchner1

virus scanners running in the background may cause stalls.Since Beta 2 the World folder has been moved to C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesTileProxy Photoreal WorldIn Beta 1 the presence of the World folder (with ten thousands of tiny files inside) inside the FSX folder caused slow startup times of FSX. So I moved it one level up (into the Microsoft Games folder)

Thanks for the reply Christian.I am using NOD32 at the moment and that might be the problem. This AV can't be completely shut down, it stays up in the taskmanager even after manual shutoff. I read somewhere that others have got it to work using this AV. If anyone has a good tip on using NOD32 and TP together, I'm all ears...thanks

Spectacular!Got it working. I upgraded to a 3Mbps connection and got NOD32 to unload the virus scanner. Everything went smoothly after that. Thank you Christian, this has to be the most significant step forward as far "as real as it gets". We were only dreaming of this, and you made it happen. best regards my friendMichel