Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bramski

Tileproxy Videos

Guest Bramski

Anyone else made any videos? Here's one I made when I was up at the Matterhorn, it's just a basic flight video in the Microlite taking off from Sion then jumping up to the matterhorn and messing around with some weather settings.

Guest cbuchner1

I think you just placed a Track IR Pro in my shopping cartBest flight video ever!!! Thanks for piloting me ;)

Guest BazzaLB

Nice Video.I think I will attempt to do the same trip. I also have TrackIR 4... Can't imagine flying without it (or TP for that matter ;) )How long did it take to get the the Matterhorn from Sion in the trike (or did you accelerate sim speed)?

Guest Bramski

You made reality a reality christian so the pleasures all mine, Once you get TIR4 you'll be in heaven, it opens you're eyes up to a whole new way of flying for you.Bazza, Ive done the whole journey 2 or 3 times from Sion on the microlite, you can do it in about 50 minutes depending on the weather and route. The quickest way would probably be to start at Raron and head south from there up through Zermatt as it's a much easier Ascent. You can slew it up or speed up time but I highly reccommend doing a full run up there just the once in the microlite as it's amazing, especially the route from Sion up past Cabane de st.laurent and Lac de Dix then over Glacier de Breney, this is the most challenging route in the microlite that I've done as there's a lot or decision making to be done and you really have to think how to get up there as you come face to face with the mountains. I would highly reccommend downloading the 38m Alps Mesh from http://www.simviation.com/fsx_terrainmesh.htm it's only 38mb and definately makes a difference.

Guest BazzaLB

Thanks Bramksi,I had already traveled from Sion up the valley to the large Glacier with spectacular results using the mesh from simaviation.I have now checked out The Matterhorn. Beautiful! Pity the textures are so low resolution over the border, but from the switzerland side, everything looks exactly like your screenshots. Amazing, especially with TIR4.

Guest The Wizard of Oz

I love it ! You'd swear you were up there with a video camera attached to your helmet. Now all we need is High-Definition video. Well done.WOZ

Guest Bramski

I've got some better quality videos WOZ, it's just that most places compress the videos as I upload them. I'll do one of Mt.St. Helens and put it up on Stage6 or rapidshare where it's not compressed.

Guest Bramski

Heres another basic Video I made flying over San Nicolas and around the west coast of Gran Canaria. Nothing fancy just a back seat ride again in the Microlite with some weather changes. It's in a better resolution this time 1280x960 but I had to compress it a little as the raw file was 500mb, it's now just over 130 and should stream pretty quickly if you have a good net connection.http://stage6.divx.com/user/Bramski/video/...arysim-19m-mesh

Guest cbuchner1

Not bad not bad at all. The weather got a little soupy there ;)* must fix white squares in water. very bad for immersion. *

Guest Bramski

lol it sure did, I should have just left it nice and sunny as gran Canaria really shines in the sun. No worries though plenty more where that came from :)Quick question christian, I noticed Tileproxy connects at 2.0mb, I have an 8mb connection would I benefit from upping the conn rate?

Guest cbuchner1

No benefits, just shorter (too short?) timeouts.

Guest Bramski

Christian, I've been doing some tweaking and I've found that when I set FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33 and TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40, Frames locked at 30, I can run at high speed (160+ knots) and get very little blurring unless I pure hammer it in the extra at overspeed even then it catches up very quickly when I slow down.I've posted this video to try and demonstrate, it's not as clear as I'd have liked but it does the job for now. Im gonna try a few more places and if I get any decent results I'll post another short vid.http://stage6.divx.com/user/Bramski/video/...r-at-high-speedI'll post my specs and settings and I can post my fsx.cfg (if needed) in the hopes that it might help people get a similar experience from Tileproxy and FSX.Tileproxy Beta 4FSX RTMHigh LOD radiusMesh Complexity 85% Mesh resolution 10MTexture resolution 1MWater Effects noneLand detail textures (ticked)Scenery complexity (Extremely dense)No autogenspecial effects high40%cars20% CA traffic20% GA Trafficno ships boats.no bloomFramerate locked at 30Intel E4300 Dual core CPU Oc'd to 2.4ghz2gb Cruicual Ballistix DDRII 667 ram (Switched off virtual memory in XP)ATI 1950 Pro GPU (4xAA 8 xAF)3 settings I changed in my fsx.cfgFIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40[bufferPools]PoolSize=5000000I just updated from Beta 3 to beta 4 yesterday and tileproxy wasn't running too good for me, really blurry even in the Microlite when I went over 90 knots, which lead me to try the changes in the fsx.cfg and Im glad I did. Hopefully this might help some people who are getting blurred textures. Alternatively, If I'm spouting off a load of nonsense and tripping off the placebo effect then just ignore me :D

Guest Bramski

Nice one Klaus that Cessna 150 is Superb, the music was very fitting I think and brought a smile to my face :)Here's another video I did at Mount Saint Helens, I got so close to the mountain face and rode right down the lava trails, it felt like I was surfing right down it :(http://stage6.divx.com/user/Bramski/video/...ng-Saint-Helens