Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bramski

Tileproxy Videos

Guest cbuchner1

Very impressive flight videos, Bramski!I think the fsx.cfg I posted in the "no high res textures" thread still has a setting of 400 for TEXTURE_BANDWADITH_MULT and the FILBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION of 0.4.I have to lock frames to get good tile loading performance. With FPS=unlimited there's no fun.

Guest cbuchner1

One more question.What is the ProcSpeed and Perfbucket setting that FSX assigned to your PC?I am still not sure if any of these settings actually have an influence on how FSX schedules its worker threads to multiple CPU cores.

Guest Bramski

Im not sure I have the ProcSpeed and Perfbucket settings available for modifying in my fsx.cfg, were they not just introduced to the fsx.cfg in SP1?I'll shoot you a copy of my cfg file anyways and you can have a look at it.

Guest triangle

AS far as I understand, ProcSpeed and PerfBucket are basically variables set by the simulator when fsx.cfg is generated, based on your hardware spec, to determine the proposed default dispaly setting values and so on. They have no impact on performance whatsoever other than setting your sliders etc (which you can obviously change).This is what I have figured based on Phil Taylor's blog.Andrew

Guest cbuchner1

As far as I understand, the setting of Perfbucket somehowinfluences the peak rate at which FSX loads textures to thegraphics card memory.A post in Phil's blog outlined some correlation betweenTEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT and the PerfBucket setting. But I donot know if this happens directly (PerfBucket goes into thecalculation) or if PerfBucket just determines another config setting which relates to texture loading.

Here it is...the Grand Canyon with TP Beta 5 and Y****! Maps.After ten years of FS....I'm speechless at last.http://www.edtruthan.com/tileproxy/clips/T...GrandCanyon.wmv"Leave it as it is. You can not improve on it. The ages have been at work on it, and man can only mar it. What you can do is to keep it for your children, your children's children, and for all who come after you, as one of the great sights which every American...if he can travel at all...should see." -President Teddy Roosevelt May 6th, 1903

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Guest cbuchner1

Hehe, nice little promo video. Thanks a lot.

Guest doering1

Very impressive! Very clever with the music and text also!

I decided to give FS9 a whirl too around the Grand Canyon area just to compare it with FSX and ya know...gosh darn it, it's really pretty sweet. As Christian states in the TP manual, texture loading in FS9 is faster as you INCREASE your FPS instead of limiting it as in FSX. It allows for great FPS, smooth flying, quick loading (after the textures are cached for an area, FS9 boots in less than a minute!), and overall, even at only 4.75m/pixel an excellent flying experience. I think I'm gonna fly FS9 a bit more...check out this clip:http://www.edtruthan.com/tileproxy/fs9/FS9...bleCanyonAZ.wmv

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Guest cbuchner1

That is actually pretty impressive. A thousand times better than a screenshot ;) Just the wide angle was a bit extreme.