Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

Beta 4 just posted

Guest cbuchner1

I have just posted Beta 4. If you're lucky, it will make things a bit faster for you.Just please make sure you either check or uncheck the option, depending on whether this is true or not: "check this if you have Flight Simulator X Service Pack 1 installed". Uncheck if you're running the RTM version of FSX, please.Users with FlightSimulator 2004 may also want to try this Beta 4 release as it adds compatibility for this dated (but classic) Flight Simulator version. I think there are still more active FS 2004 users out there than there are FSX users (edit: awkward typo corrected) Optionally Tileproxy will also hook into FS 2004's scenery.cfg file. This works best if both FS2004 and FSX are installed in their default location, which is the Program FilesMicrosoft Games folder. Then they can share the TileProxy World folder which resides in Microsoft Games.The new Tileproxy version doesn't require FSX to be present to allow the installation. Simconnect.dll will always be deployed on your machine, therefore allowing Tileproxy to run even without an FSX present on your machine. Of course it won't be using simconnect to interface with FS9 - it uses FDSConnect.dll (a freeware from flightdecksoftware.com)As always with any Beta release, you're the crash test dummies ;)

Guest Stoopy

Grabbin' it now and THANKS! For this, I have no problem being strapped into the vehicle and smashin' against the wall as a crash test dummy!

Christian, should we uninstall Beta 3 before installing 4?Also, will Beta 4 work better with or without SP1?thanks

Guest BazzaLB

I have run into the "simconnect.dll not found" error referred to in another thread.I do not have FSX SP1 installed (just have FSX RTM) and left that option unchecked.I installed on top of Beta 3.I found a version of SimConnect.dll in WindowsWinSxS... Its reported version is "10.0.60905.0" and is dated 29/10/2006 8:36AM and is 37KIf I copy this into TileProxy directory, TP then reports "attempt to load C runtime library incorrectly"Not sure if any of this info helps ;)

Guest cbuchner1

I just posted a fixed installer for Beta 4 on sourceforge.Ouch! About the C runtime problem... I can only hope the new installer fixed that also. I haven't had this problem before.

Guest cbuchner1

Install-over (or "upgrade installation") is always supported by Tileproxy. It will keep your existing config file (as far as possible).Performance with SP1 is different from machine to machine. If you get the blurries without TileProxy you will DEFINITELY also have them in TileProxy. And the blurries seem to be a very common problem with the SP1.

Hi Christian,As ever, thanks for all your efforts, they are greatly appreciated :)Can I ask you to post a list of the changes made to FSX.cfg?I ask because each time I have to revert back to my own FSX.cfg as I'm afraid I see ugly blurries around my a/c and the stutters/surges* are far worse.(*)'Surges' = periodic side-to-side twitching of the whole scenery window content behind the a/c as viewed mainly, but not exclusively, in SPOT view.Generally what I have to do is revert back to my original file or delete/reset:TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT : reset from 400 to 40FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.40 : deletedMipBias=6 : deleted and set in driver using ATT to 'High Quality' (I suspect this setting benefits nVidia GPUs more than ATI)Anisotropic=1 : deleted and 'Trilinear' chosen in sim, AF=16 in ATTPoolSize=5000000 : deleted LOD_RADIUS : reset from 2.5 to 3.5 (medium)Cheers!MikeASRock 939Dual-SATA2, AMD Athlon 64X2 4800+ (2400MHz)(Toledo), 2GB Crucial PC3200 DDR400 Ram 3-3-3-8 (2T)(Dual Channel), (PCI-E)Sapphire ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB (Catalyst 7.1 WHQL), SB Audigy2 ZS Platinum (Drivers version 5.12.0001.1196 WHQL), Windows XP Home Edition (SP2), DirectX 9.0c (with 04/2007 update)

Guest rbrown3rd

Thanks Christian. Much appreciated as always.Test Dummy BasicBob

Guest cbuchner1

The user manual lists all changes that are made to fsx.cfgDuring TileProxy istallation you can uncheck the option "modify fsx.cfg for good performance with TileProxy" to keep your fsx.cfg untouched

Guest EGLD

Hi Christian,Thanks for posting thisI've done a fresh install of Beta 4, installed FDSconnect.dll into modules, and configured a source for imagesWhen FS starts, Tileproxy confirms it has connected to FS9, but then nothingWhen I start a flight, no errors, just standard sceneryThanks for any hintsEGLD

Guest cbuchner1

Now that is odd, the installer automatically copies FDSconnect.dll into the FS9 modules folderTo do this, it relies on the "Exe Path" registry key inside the Flight Simulator 9.0 registry branch.The full key name is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftMicrosoft Gamesflight simulator9.0Under this key the String "EXE Path" should indicate the folder in which your fs9.exe resides.The TileProxy installer relies on this very key to find the scenery.cfg file of FS9. It will add about 100 world scenery areas to this file.Maybe an FSX install/deinstall botched that FS9 registry key for you? There are automated repair tools by FS9 addon vendors available to fix the key, or you can add it manually with RegEdit.

Guest Go Packers

No thanks Christain....Beta 3 works so dam well Im afraid to mess with it....You saved FSX!!!!Jareth

Guest Tashunca-Uitco

Beta4 works fine with SP1 !Thanks a lot !:-jumpy