Sign in to follow this  
Guest chass32

not texturized tiles

Guest chass32

Hi,First of all thx Christian for making this possible, I think u realize that what u`ve made, put as a little closer to real vfr flying, things like...I`d love to fly over Pompeii ruins, or Positano or... are a reality now..thx thx :)Well i have some problems probably due to my low-end machine, but I`d like to see if i can at least taste some of what tileproxy has to offer.I`m going to get a q6600 4gb 8800gts in the next few weeks, months, but i`m still on a p4 2.4 with 512mb ram (yes I know that the manual says 1gb), i get the connection (3mb) with GE or VE with no problem, i get the tiles, but i don`t see nothing but blurred squares with no texture on it, waited for an hour just to see if it was a matter of time, nothing. I`ve checked cache.service1 & 2 and I have the tiles there, checked most of the tileproxy photoreal world directories and there are .bgls on scenery but nothing on textures (?). I know that with my system i can`t get anything too smooth or superb, but i just want to check it even if i had to pause.Btw, everything`s on FSX.CheersCarlos

Guest cbuchner1

The fact that TileProxy downloads JPEGs means that the filter driver is able to recognzies that FSX requests tiles.If you get extremely blurred textures, it is possible that you still have FSX RTM (not SP1) and you're running the version of TileProxy that is optimized for FSX SP1. That would result in super low-res 4x4 pixel textures.During installation of TileProxy you have to make a choice whether you run RTM or SP1 of FSX and that choice has to be correct. In the future I may be able to auto-detect this from registry/installer entries, but I was lazy and currently rely on a user choice.Can you checkif Tileproxy reports a few "Exception=5" error after you start FSX? That means Tileproxy cannot get aircraft coordinates from FSX RTM, resulting in really blurred textures.How does your scenery look from Map-View (F12) if you zoom out very far?Christian

Guest chass32

You were absolutely right, I had those exception=5 errors but I was unable to detect them as "errors" while checking the terminal.I`m under FSX RTM, downloaded the last beta4_fix u did, carefully unchecked the SP1 square during installation (I feel like a fool) and voila, I get the textures, slow as #### because of my machine but they are there and in place.Time to check Capri and the Vesube.Thx again mate, really :)Carlos

Guest captiandon

Thanks for mentioning this. I missed that one myself.