Sign in to follow this  
Franshu

TP for FS9

I've installed FS9 and FSX on 2 different harddisks.Is it possible to install TPbeta4 for FS9 only,in such a way that FSX-SP1 is left as it is?Almost sure that FSX/TP would'nt make it on my low end machine (AMD Athlon XP2600+ 2Ghz, RAM 1.5 GB, GeForce4 Ti4200 128MB, windowsXP SP2).RegardsFrans

Guest cbuchner1

Oh, I haven't considered the case yet where one would want TP only on FS9, but not on FSX. The opposite case is handled by the installer (FSX only, not FS9).FSX actually becomes faster with TileProxy due to less (actually no) autogen being shown.The problem is that you have used different drives for FS9 and FSX. The Photoreal World folder is always installed one directory hierarchy level above FS9 (or FSX respectively).To share that folder between both Sims, you would have to use absolute path names to the World folder in your scenery.cfg in one of the sims - that means manual editing of the scenery.cfg file after installation.When you start TileProxy, it will monitor the drive that it has been installed on. To change the drive being "watched", modify the SET DRIVE= statement to the drive letter you need in the "load.bat" script, e.g:SET DRIVE=X:

Thanks for the answer Christian.I'll keep my fingers crossed and give it a go for FSX.RegardsFrans

Really surprised with the good TileProxy/FSX performance on my low end machine.Astonishing program!Frans