Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Wizard of Oz

Adding Autogen to TileProxy Tiles

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Adding Autogen to TileProxy TilesAs I showed in an example in the Tileproxy screenshot thread its possible to add autogen trees/buildings to Tileproxy tiles. The following is a more detailed explanation. This is provided under the

Guest Bramski

Thanks for this putting a tutorial together on this WOZ, I downloaded the programs earlier and intended to get into them soon, this will make things much easier. It's gonna really add to the Tileproxy experience having areas of interest dotted with autogen. I noted you mentioned SP1 SDK,do I need to have SP1 installed for this to work? also, do you know if we are able to share out autogen setups with other TP users and could they continue to modify them further and merge them so we could end up with a large collaboration of areas?

Guest The Wizard of Oz

No the SP1 SDK is independent of the FSX SP1 and is OK for RTM or SP1 FSX. Yes I had this idea too: Sharing the saved *.agn files but I have not tested whether this will work although it should in principle.If it does, then it opens up new possibilities for loading them on the AVSIM library.Re WOZ

Guest cbuchner1

AGN sharing might become part of TileProxy but I'd need to set up a central repository (server) for the AGN files. Some rented server at a hosting site maybe. But that's WAY into the future... months or half a year maybe.You seem to insist very strongly that the usage of these tools is for personal noncommercial use only. Is it concerns about the source data that the autogen annotation is based on?I am thinking about integrating a useful function for scenery builders into the SP1 TileProxy popup menu that prints out the current tile name (where your aircraft is centered on) and its folder name. I could even save the tile as a JPEG and start the Annotator tool if you like ;)I am also thinking about allowing a quick switching of satellite services inside the popup menu, which also triggers a scenery reload. I would have to save metadata with each BMP tile (in an NTFS alternate Data stream), indicating from which source the tile is. So TileProxy can dump and replace tiles that originate from the wrong service.Christian

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Christian,"You seem to insist very strongly that the usage of these tools is for personal noncommercial use only. Is it concerns about the source data that the autogen annotation is based on?"Yes I guess so. It is just a defence mechanism of sorts out of habit in my professional career in murky legal waters and suits looking for prey/victims."I am thinking about integrating a useful function for scenery builders into the SP1 TileProxy popup menu that prints out the current tile name (where your aircraft is centered on) and its folder name. I could even save the tile as a JPEG and start the Annotator tool if you like ;)"That would be great. ! The method I posted is just a way of doing things right now but if this facility were simplified and included in the program as you describe I'm all for that - definitely!. No doubt agn sharing could be done individually by email in the meantime.PS:Incidentally I have been using conn=5 and rate=0.4 without problems for some time. Just changed to 4 Mbps broadband set rate=2.0 and set conn=10 and guess what - I been told to buzz-off today for the first time at GE.Cheers WOZ

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Oh, Just a further thought about the tile id - It would also be useful to list the tiles surrounding the aircraft position the way IdentifyTile does it so that you can move outward in a systematic way to set up Autogen.Sounds like there are some exciting developments afoot for TP!Best Regards WOZ

Guest Tashunca-Uitco

Very good ideas .I'll try to put some autogen with your tutorial .Thank's a lot .

Guest rbrown3rd

Very nice Woz. I am thinking this might be the foundation of developing a technique to convert our extensive Freeflow scenery, see http://fs-freeflow.com/ , to autogen for tileproxy. If there were a way to convert existing landcover polygons such as our Freeflow scenery to Autogen files for Tileproxy it would produce a terrific hybrid product. Since all of our scenery is non-commercial and always free perhaps there might be no problem with licensing etc. We have extensive, highly accurate landcover and AFCAD files that match up nicely with the imagery it could be a nice enhancement to Tileproxy. Just thinking out loud here. We used GE and other imagery to relocate the inaccurate default scenery. I loaded our Florida scenery into FSX and the runways do line up much better than the default. We have New England, Bermuda, Florida, and the Bahamas done to this much higher level of accuracy.

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Right now all of this stuff is in the "Think-tank" and all ideas and contributions are worthwhile to look at. This is how new innovations develop and add value to the FS experience. What you have suggested sounds very much worth pursuing. I and I'm sure others too look forward to any further developments on linking TP and freeflow. Re WOZ

Guest cbuchner1

The Microsoft tools don't seem to aceept drag & drop into their window. And also command line arguments don't seem to do the job.I need to find ways to make the AutoGen Configuration Editor to load AutogenConfiguration.xml on startup. And I need to make the Annotator tool to load the desired tile on startup.Would be nice just to use the TileProxy menu to annotate the current tile you're parked on.

Guest didja

I would add autogen, but I can't find the tool "IdentifyTile.exe", the link dosen't work...Please, can you help me ?R

Guest The Wizard of Oz

The site has been deleted. For the time being go to the folder indicated in TCalc_002 and do a Size sort. You will see a number of tiles 638KB these are the 1024 x 1024 tiles. If you were situated on the runway go through them to find the 638KB tile with the runway on it. Not really satisfactory but until something else comes along............WOZ