Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Wizard of Oz

Adding Autogen to TileProxy Tiles

Guest didja

Thank you very much !!!R

Guest didja

I will try to do something, I'll show you it if I can ... :DR

I've used TCalc and IdentifyTile to correctly find and ID the photoreal tile I want to edit, and I have sucessfully placed some trees using the annotator! :) So I know it works. Now - to extend this to a larger project scale.=----------------------------------------------=Question: Is there any software you designers know of that will overlay the LOD grid in the simulator itself? Reason: I'd like to zoom way out, take a snapshot with the grid, and use that to help me track what tiles I've autogenned, and which I have not, in an effort to potentially save headaches. I can "X" off the grids I've done, and know I have to visit others. Plus, It could help me map out exactly what parts of what cells need autogen, to keep a more uniform appearence.Goal: To populate autogen on the approach ends of the airports I both frequent and/or in my local area, to make climbouts and approaches a little more realistic when at an airfield.=----------------------------------------------=Question: Slightly offtopic - I need to move a default FSX airstrip into alignment with the TileProxy scenery for a given area. Does anyone know of a straightforward program to pick up and move a runway? (or for that matter, a few runways and taxiway)Thanks to anyone who can assist,-Greg

Guest cbuchner1

Instead of moving runways, I'd sometimes love to get rid of the concrete runway entirely. In many cases the satellite image is of sufficient quality, so no artificial runway, taxiway and other things are needed.The problem is that runways are more than just the visuals. They also define how AI traffic is supposed to land on them. You want AI traffic to hit your "moved" runway. It just doesn't look good when aircraft touch down at a bad spot and take taxiways that don't exist ;)

Answering my own question about moving airports...The new "FSXPlanner" utility found in the Scenery Design forum has the ability to do this nicely. I'll play with it later on at home, but it looks like it will work perfect...Plus, I can add taxiways and other items to further enhance the area I am working in. :) -Greg

The first post seems to be completely cut off. Is this still the best way to do this? I can't seem to get the annotator to load my bdl files from my TileProxy folder. :Edit: Maybe there's something wrong with annotator because I can't load any BDL files from anywhere. Anyone have any idea why? I've tried loadingfrom the \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\0102\scenery\cvx1516.bdl, from the same in the tileproxy cache folder, a couple of free add ons. Not one of them open. Each time Annotator simply says: The file could not be opened.I'm on Win7 64bit, running the program as an administrator (right click, run as administrator).