Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Higher res textures not loading in

Guest Tashunca-Uitco

Thank's a lot !I'll try this soon .:-boom

Guest Tashunca-Uitco

I have a C2D 6300 , a X1900GT with 256Mb graphic card , 2Go ram , and a 5Mb connexion .I never success to have better than ~120 TPS .SP1 + TP4 .

Guest Tashunca-Uitco

Finally , with SP1 , I encounter multiple problem with scenery loading . I tried many tweaks explained here , but nothing to do .When I am flying , I must pause the sim and ask for a refresh , then loading restart and the area becomes very sharp .With RTM and Beta 4 , I never encountered this .I tried many settings , with texture_band_width and others parameters , but when I fly , TileProxy stop all activity , abd I have to pause the fly and refresh scenery .With SP1 , the terrain engine seems to be most different and gives blurry problems .

Guest cbuchner1

I also noticed that SP1 loads much slower after an upgrade from RTM to SP1.Have you tried the new proxyUser.EXE and fsx.cfg that were posted in this thread?

Guest D17S

Test flying in a heavily pre-cached area with mod-Beta4 (and mod-fsx.cfg), but still having the same results. TP will always initially start in Tile Loading Mode. From a purely lay POV, it seems that once TP has all the hi-res tiles loaded for the start coordinate, it shifts to download mode. This is fine, but it never shifts back. Once the flight departs this specific hi-res area, the blurries begin. My impression is that if I could force TP to stay in tile load mode, my "blurries" problem would be solved (in this heavily pre-cached area). However as a workaround, I've found that restarting TP with the sim paused will reset TP to its Tile Loading Mode every time. It will iMMediately begin loading hi-res tiles at 200-400 TPS. My previous low-res view gets hi-res'd in 10 - 30 seconds. Great fun to watch the world come alive. But once again, the pattern will repeat. TP will load all the high-resolution tiles in the immediate area, then shift to download mode. Once I fly out of the hi-res area, I need to reset TP again. I have found this provides exactly the same result as the "complete scenery reload" method, but is a Much faster way to get hi-res tiles into the flight's immediate area. Maybe an override button to force TP back into its Tile Load Mode?BTW, To shutdown TP, shutdown the TP console's dos window with the dos window's X button, then run the "Unload Filter Driver" utility. Just running the "Unload Filter Driver" utility against a running TP will bluescreen every time . . . at least on my box.

Guest cbuchner1

"Download mode" is triggered by a read access on a tile for which no sufficient resolution is on disk. If I just provided the lower res version from disk, you'd again have the blurries. The decision whether to download or not, is made on a tile by tile basis. So strictly speaking there is no distinction between "download mode" and "tile access mode". The difference is that a download takes time ;)Is your filesystem NTFS? Because if it's NOT, then there is potential for problems:For example the FAT32 filesystem has a limitation on the number of files per directory. If you run into this limit, Tileproxy can no longer add new tiles, and it would try to download them again and again. Someone from Germany has recently run into this problem.Can you give my the airport you're flying from and the direction you're heading out? Maybe I can repeat your findings.

Guest Tashunca-Uitco

Yes I tried the last proxyuser.exe , with settings corresponding with the fsx.cfg posted ( but changing Texture_band_width to 40 , or 34 ) , abd tried FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION set to 0.40 or 0.70 or 1.20 , same results ...At loading time , all is ok , when I begin flying , the scenery is beautiful , but rapidly , I see in the Dos box , that TPS are very low , between 0 and 5 ... and the terrain doesn't refresh any more . I pause the sim , ask for a refresh and dowload restart : 140 ~ 170 TPS , then the terrain is ok .With RTM , the tiles are permanently downloaded .

Guest D17S

Well, I'm getting there cross country from the Canyon, but it seems that some ol' boy has a private strip in Gardiner. If you want, morph at Gardiner, MT. The airport ID "29S." FSX has it in its data base. http://www.gardinerchamber.com/You are 2 miles north of Yellowstone National Park near the park's north-west entrance. Fly over Gardiner on a heading of 120 along the Yellowstone River. See that big yellow bluff about 10 miles ahead? Mammoth Hot Springs (aka, Fort Yellowstone) is just below that. http://www.nps.gov/archive/yell/history/hi...tyell/fort.htmlThe river will fork, so take the right (south) branch. Rivers tend to flow north up here so you'll still be headed up stream. This is the Gardiner River and it will take you right past Mammoth on up to the Golden Gate falls. Once you get to Mammoth, just follow road south out of town. Once you are up at the Pass/Falls, look just to the east. There's a pretty good size hill just a mile to the east. Fly around to the other side. It's just a mile or 2. There's a really spectacular canyon and a big ol' waterfall over there too. See the trail on the canyon's west ridge? There's an idea for a day hike. This is like an easter egg hunt, only for real. There's nuggets all over the place. This has been my latest race track. Up the hill to the Golden Gate Pass/falls, around the hill to the east, play Luke Star Raider down that back canyon, then on down to Mammoth for lunch. If you want an adventure, head back down toward Gardiner and the Yellowstone river, but this time turn east. Follow the Yellowstone River. You are still headed up stream. You'll see several amazing canyons along the way, but keep going. The Grand Canyon of Yellowstone is about 30 miles up stream and Yellowstone Lake another 20 miles beyond that . . . and the Grand Tetons 40 miles south beyond that. I reinstalled the TP beta4-mod on a Vista machine this time. I'll run some more test flights tomorrow. Thanks for the tips. You're really providing some magic here.

Guest cbuchner1

I apologize, but the only way for you to get good results from TileProxy is to downgrade to the FSX RTM version.I seem to get satisfactory performance on the two dual core machines that I own - with slow aircraft however.

Guest Tashunca-Uitco

No problem for me , I'll continue enjoy this marvelous program , with my RTM version , which has good results with my E6300 .I am discovering the Dolomites in Italy , it's wonderful with a 19m mesh .Under VE !! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolomites

Guest cbuchner1

I had some nice flying experiences over Yosemite today in the Ultralite. Terrain loading speed was for the most part satisfactory, but anything faster than the ultralite would not have worked.I think sometimes the colors appear exxagerated in VE.

Guest D17S

Much better now in the Vista machine. Thanks for the assist. I agree VE takes a little artistic license with it's tiles, but it really hangs in there. GE tends to kick me off. Still playing with the ini. How about Banff. Anyone been up there? Great fun, this exploring the world stuff.