Sign in to follow this  
Joduv

Tileproxy for FS9 problem

Hello,I has download the Tileproxy project BETA4 for FS9, but it still not working!I think there are 3 problems: 1)The lines who are in the Proxyuser are wrong. 2)The FDSconnection module is not up to date. 3)There is a problem for downloading google earth textures to fs9.Please HELP ME, and discribe what i have to do in order to resolve this problem and to have splandid results of TP in FS9!

Guest cbuchner1

1) proxyUser.INI is not configured to access either google or virtual earth. That task is up to the user. Did you find a problem that is unrelated to the service configuration? If so, please report.2) Going to the download URL on flightdecksoftware.com, I found that FDSConnection v1.3 has been updated in 2006, whereas the version 1.4 was last changed in 2004. So I used 1.3http://www.flightdecksoftware.com/downloads/It is possible that my installer replaces an already installed 1.4 release version with the v1.3 version. That could lead to trouble with other software.3) Others have used Google Earth successfully with both FSX and FS9. Your report does not really help me in locating your problem. I think you might have forgotten to properly configure the proxyUser.INI correctly. You will find help for configuration in the forums - but I usually don't tell people how to enable a specific commercial service.

hello,In fact i'had installed Tileproxy Beta4 for FS9 and I never success to load TP textures in FS9!The download stays blocked at approximately 56% in FS9(for KBOS airport) and after nothing much happened whereas the Loadfilter is opened and Proxyuser too! (and just at the biggining textures start loading)My configuration for Proxyuser is the next one:[TileProxy]lod_distance=1000fast_mode=No#source=Service Example 1#source=Virtualal Earthsource=Google Earth[Google Earth]cache_folder=cache.service2network_module=libnettilemodule_config="server=http://kh0.google.com|path=/kh?t=t%s&n=404&v=17|quad=qrts|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0(compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"max_lod=13min_level=5max_level=17color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=25[Virtual Earth]cache_folder=cache.service1network_module=libnettilemodule_config="server=http://a*.ortho.tiles.virtualearth.net|path=/tiles/a%s.jpeg?g=52|quad=0123|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"max_lod=13min_level=9max_level=17color_hack=Yescolor_level=13bulk_extend=50Off course I want to use GoogleEarth textures!My internet connection is about 18 to 24 Mbits/s.Can you help me please!Kinds regards,Duval.

Guest cbuchner1

If the load progress stops somewhere in the middle, then I suggest that there's some virus scanner software interfering with the loading.Try to turn off any virus scanners or spyware scanners that are active. My software installs a filesystem filter driver and in some cases there is a conflict between a virus scanner and this driver. NOD32 antivirus for example is known to make the loading process stop.

hello,Thanks a lot for your fast reponse but if I turn of the antivirus i can probably have some virus on my computer after?

I tried to disabled antivirus and spyware but nothing change,download stays block at 52% for loading Caen Carpiquet airport in France for example.HELP ME!!!!

I got them to load, but I just could not get them to render sharp and crisp.I have my CAT 7.1 at full bore and with the same settings, I had very detailed and blurry-free post SP1 textures in FSX and most excellent Bird's Eye View textures from FS9.I uninstalled T.P. and immediately got back my crisp texture display.Perhaps T.P. does not interface very well with Cat 7.1?Dunno...P.S. I think this is one fantastic concept for anybody that can get it to work to their satisfaction, and others have. A huge step forwards, in my books!Mitch

Guest cbuchner1

pardon me, but what is CAT 7.1? ATI Catalyst drivers?Tileproxy modifies some settings in fsx.cfg - in particular the MipBias value in the fsx.cfg Also it lowers the Level of Detail radius to Minimum. This could have an effect on the crispness of your textures.On uninstallation of Tileproxy all these settings have been restored to their prior values.