Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bramski

Tileproxy texture loading problem

Guest Bramski

Well I can only echo what everyone else has been saying and that is this little program is absolutely superb. Im a frequent FS9 flyer and I promised myself I wasn't going to get FSX until the SP1 came out and there was people shouting PERFORMANCE BOOST!!! from the heavens :)but after seeing how much fun everyone was having I couldn't resist so I ran out and got FSX.I have no trouble getting the tiles from VrrtlE or GgglE and they load in quite quickly and sharply. My problem is that after sat 15 minutes or so the textures all turn into what I can only describe as soup. I hae taken some screen grabs to illustrate my problem and I'll include my specs and settings so hopefully I can get some feedback.Heres you can see that the tiling quality is excellent, this is shortly after take off at glasgow airport heading over govan shipyard to the city centre.fsx-8.jpgHeres the same area after flying around for a few minutes, it becomes Soupy and doesn't improve no matter how long I circle or pause.fsx-13.jpgI have set the proxyuser.exe to run on a seperate core to FSX and it removes a lot of microstutters and I get very smooth performance with no slowdown. It's just the soupyness aftera while that is killing my immersion. Im ordering more and faster memory tomorrow as I think thats my weak link.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.specs and Settings -8mb broadbandIntel E4300 CPUX1950 Pro GPU1GB DDR25GB Free HDD spaceUnlimited FPS Force Fibre to 2.0 setting in FSX.cfg

[TileProxy]lod_distance=1000fast_mode=Nosource=V1rtual 3arth[G00gle 3arth]cache_folder=cache.service2network_module=libnettilemodule_config="server=http://kh.g00gle.com|path=/kh?t=t%s&n=404&v=17|quad=qrts|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0(compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"max_lod=13min_level=5max_level=17color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=25[V1rtual 3arth]cache_folder=cache.service1network_module=libnettilemodule_config="server=http://a*.o***o.tiles.vi****arth.net|path=/tiles/a%s.jpeg?g=52|quad=0123|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0(compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"max_lod=13min_level=9max_level=17color_hack=Yescolor_level=13bulk_extend=50

Guest cbuchner1

It is very likely that after installing SP1 and switching TileProxy Beta 3 into "SP1 Mode", these problems will go away. Just wait a few days for both updates to be released. ;)In the meantime, assign the FSX "Rebuild Scenery" action to one unused key or button on your keyboard/joystick and reload the scenery if you're in the soup again.Christian

Guest Bramski

Thats exactly what I have been doing with the rebuild scenery and it loads up pretty quickly. Hopefully the new SP1 mode will sort things out. Thanks again for your hard work and for sharing it with the community.

Guest Bramski

I found out why the tiles wouldn't load for me after the initial load at startup, it was because I was running my frame rates in Unlimited mode. As soon as I put the frames slider to anything but unlimited the tiles load up almost instantly, the only thing it though is that putting my frames to anything but unlimited results in a 15 fps slideshow for me, even after the tiles have loaded in.Im constantly jumping into the options and sliding from unlimited to 30 until the tile section is loaded and then sliding back up to unlimited until the soup comes back, rinse and repeat. It's not ideal but it sure beats refreshing the scenery which can take 5 or more minutes.

Guest cbuchner1

The FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION setting of 2.0 in fsx.cfg is responsible for the slideshow. Go back to a value of 0.4 or 0.5 maybe

Guest Bramski

Roger that, big improvement for me now at 0.4, I can fly anywhere and it's practically seamless, I'm loving it :)

Hello,first of all I would like to join the fs community sending my thank to Christian for his masterpiece.Then one question. I'm using TP without problems but I didn't succeed in having such excellent tiles like those of glasgow shown in the first image. I have tried to start from glasgow to check the same situation using VE, but my tiles are always unclear like in the second image.My ini file is exactly the same as yours.What could be the reason?Thanks in advance.

Guest yuilly

Hi, How do I configure Tileproxy to use textures from a server? Where do I find the html code that I need? Been searchign the net for hours and i'm starting to pull my hair out! I just want to fly over some good photoscenery but I can;t figure it out. Also i've used the data from the .ini file above and I still got an error...Cheers for any help =)

Guest craig1998

sry but that ini still does not work in fsx sp1. I changed the sp1mode to yes.all that I see is muddy green.2007-6-6_13-31-33-843.jpg

Guest craig1998

nvmd i think I got it!you have to use the option load filter driver and run proxyuser.exenow it seems to work. cool.does anyone else have to force it to refresh after you move from 1 spot to another? mine just stays blurry without anything happening.2007-6-6_14-42-46-250.jpgthere is my community2007-6-6_15-35-50-15.jpg

Guest cbuchner1

To get a decent terrain update rate, your TileProxy (Beta 4) should at least occasionally report 300-500 accessed tiles per second during flight. If you don't get that, your terrain stays blurry even with the ultralite.I recommend starting with a "fresh" fsx.cfg (after deleting your previous version) and have Flight Simulator rebuild the config. I posted an fsx.cfg in the "high res textures not loading" thread that allows two of my PCs to get a few hundred tiles per second. I was able to fly extended areas with the Ultralite without having the blurries. This was essentially a "virgin" (rebuilt) config file with only a few graphics options set to high and after the TileProxy installer has done its tweaks.If nothing helps, a downgrade of FSX SP1 to the RTM version may fix the blurries, but it makes newly released commercial addons like ActiveSky X incompatible. Doh! After a downgrade you should reinstall Tileproxy Beta 4 without the "SP1 is installed" checkbox activated. That gives you a version of Tileproxy that matches the RTM version of Flight Simulator.

Guest craig1998

cool thanks,ya i get a wide range of tile updates while flying from 40sec up to 800sec at times!

Guest Tashunca-Uitco

I returned to RTM with TP4 and blurries problems ended .I finally used the settings of 0.4 for FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTIONand 40 for TEXTURE_BAND_WIDTH , locking at 25 fps , and I reached good TPS , till 700 for moments .I can fly at 120 knts without blurries , it's fine .With SP1 , impossible to have such performances .

Guest rbrown3rd

>I returned to RTM with TP4 and blurries problems ended .>>I finally used the settings of 0.4 for>FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION>and 40 for TEXTURE_BAND_WIDTH , locking at 25 fps , and I>reached good TPS , till 700 for moments .>>I can fly at 120 knts without blurries , it's fine .>>With SP1 , impossible to have such performances .How does one return to the RTM?