Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bramski

Tileproxy texture loading problem

Guest craig1998

ya is there an easy way to return to RTM FSX? like maybe saving your .dlls from RTM in another folder? would that work?Im really digging this tileproxy project, but I do see its shortcomings as well. like different color areas. but as far as VFR this software rulz!I hope the guy who started this project can make it into a professional(or non-beta) product for the community. that would be awesome!thanks again for all your hard work and restless nights for this project!

Guest Tashunca-Uitco

A simple solution is to have two fsx installed !That's what I did .:9

Guest rbrown3rd

>A simple solution is to have two fsx installed !>>That's what I did .>>:9 Interesting idea. I didn't know one could do that. It has been a while since I installed FSX but is there a point where you can redirect the install to another folder? Microsoft Games FSX2?

Guest Tashunca-Uitco

I did the operation 6 month ago , but it seems to me that I only renamed the fsX folders ( 3 folders ) , then installed a second version of fsX , on the same partition .In registry , only a key for the both , that's the secret .To switch between two , I'll write some little program that will do that .

Guest cbuchner1

Good idea, but you'd need 2 x 13 GB of hard drive space.I'd love if both versions were able to share their data(scenery, textures, etc)...Also there are some options in fsx.cfg that the other versionwon't know or understand... Maybe that is a problem, maybe not.

Guest Tashunca-Uitco

Yes , you have to double the directories in c:one for fsX 1 , the other for fsX 2 :C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataMicrosoftFSXand two directories like C:Documents and Settingslogin nameApplication DataMicrosoftFSXto switch between the two intallation , you need rename the correspondant directories before .