Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jim Knows

Very frustrating to have something so beautiful always going blurry

Guest Jim Knows

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+eVGA 7950 GT KO 512 DDR2 ram (Dual Channel)4 gigs of Corsair gaming ramWindows XP Pro (32 bit)First off, awesome concept Christian. I was one of the members that sent you a big thank you via email about 3 sweeks ago about what a great IDEA FSX+TP was.Here is my frustration...FSX combined with TP, whether it be with RTM or with SP1 is awesome... BUT ONLY FOR 5 MINUTES. I don't enjoy FSX or FSX SP1 in itself. Generic objects and inaccurate terrain representations don't do anything for me. TP was the only hope I had of ever really enjoying this flight sim.It kinda leaves me feeling awesome, really excited. The VFR flying using TP is by far the most incredible thing I have seen and/or experienced. Then within 1 to 5 minutes a depressing feeling comes in to see such beautiful scenery, VFR flying utopia, and then things go blurry, turns into alphabet soup. Very frustrating to say the least.Yes, I have tried every suggestion, every tweak in all the forumns and I have above average computer knowledge.The final straw for me was when I had many guests over to my home this past weekend. I loaded up FSX + TP to show everyone.My guests were so impressed that within a minute, everyone gathered around and couldn't pull themselves away and were talking about how they would like to have what I have as they have never seen anything so incredible. Real exciting for everyone. However....Within 5 minutes, the terrain started turning blurry. Within seconds all the excited chatter stopped. Comments like, "Hmmm, maybe I should think twice about spending that kind of money if its got problems like that". Questions of interest, that a minute earlier folks couldn't ask enough questions they were so excited", grinded to a complete halt. I felt awful and embarrassed.I think its time I hang up this flight sim stuff. If the only enjoyment that comes from it all is 5 minutes of awesome flying only to have the terrain start blurrying, then for me its just not worth it. I'll monitor the forumns to see if this "terrain blurrying within minutes" gets fixed. If it does, I will be thrilled. You can be sure I will be doing the 'happy dance". If it doesn't, then too bad - sooo sad. It would really be unfortunate.There are alot of good folks here, that part has always been enjoyable.Thanks for allowing to me to get some frustration off my chest. I'll check back monthly to see if this issue is corrected.AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+eVGA 7950 GT KO 512 DDR2 ram (Dual Channel)4 gigs of Corsair gaming ramWindows XP Pro (32 bit)

Guest Airbuzz

Wonder when the "officials" from Aces will comment on this. Millions of blurred customers =)-------------------------------------------------Freeware A380 Load Editor, flight dynamics and external Glass Cockpit software coming soon !

Guest Bramski

Jim, Don't give up just yet. I had a similar experience as you when I first started using Tileproxy, I couldn't go 5 minutes without the terrain turning into vegetable soup. Now I can fly no problems at 160-200 knots with no major blurring issues with crisp clear textures over vast areas.I don't have a very high spec machine, in fact my machine positively CHUGS with FSX RTM when not running Tileproxy. I've not tried SP1 for fear of ruining a good Tileproxy configuration.I don't claim to be an FSX guru or a tileproxy guru, I don't even fully understand the workings of the FSX/tileproxy engine, but I can say that I'm having the best flight sim experience ever with tileproxy and it's consistent.I'd like to try and help you and anyone else who would like to use this amazing Utility by offering to share my configuration and specs in the hope that they can gain a similar experience.Here is my fsx.cfg and my proxyuser.cfg, I'm using FSX RTM on windows XP with tileproxy beta 4. http://rapidshare.com/files/35663769/TP_config.rarSpecs (machine could be built for 300 pounds, not exactly high end)8mb broadband (tileproxy doesn't use anything over 2mb)e4300 Dual core 1.8ghz (oc 2.4)ATI 1950 pro PCI-e Graphics card250GB SATA HDD2GB Crucial Ballistix DDRII 667 ram (Windows paging file Disabled, I'm feeling this is helping me in FSX by delivering tiles, I could be wrong)Here's my FSX settings, I use 4xAA forced in ATI control panel and 8xAF. Just try replicating what I have here and hopefully it works. reinstall tileproxy beta4, don't optimise for high speed flight and don't use SP1 mode unless you're using SP1 obviously. Once tileproxy is reinstalled copy the drop my proxyuser into the tileproxy folder. go into fsx.cfg and make sure the following lines are present in the .cfg TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40 FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33BufferPools (in square brackets, they dont show up in the forum) PoolSize=5000000aircraft.jpgDisplay.jpgWeather.jpgTraffic.jpgScenery.jpgThe videos below show what I am experiencing consistently with Tileproxy, as long as there's a source of high quality tiles available from GE they're streaming right into my fsx setup. I hope you and everyone else can get this working and have a similar experience as it's amazing just browsing google earth charting a flight then hitting the airport in FSX and seeing it all there in front of you ready to explore. Don't give up the rewards are too good!http://stage6.divx.com/user/Bramski/video/...ng-Saint-Helenshttp://stage6.divx.com/user/Bramski/video/...r-at-high-speedhttp://stage6.divx.com/user/Bramski/video/...arysim-19m-meshhttp://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w140/br...=matterhorn.flv

I hear your pain. I can't go back to the fs default textures now but would like the blurry after time solved (I don't have this issue with pre sp1 or sp1 default textures-only tp).I think the answer will be if proposed generators will take the streamed data and change it into permanent fsx usable scenery files....http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Guest wyoming

creativity encounters mass marketing. Creativity is being born out of a desire to play, the other from a childish desire to possess. The latter rules the world, the former makes the world go forward. The former is limited by the obsession for the normal curve held by the second. Why the normal curve? Because that's where the ownership flourishes, the 64% within one standard deviation from the mean. TP is 2 standard deviations above the mean, hence the blurries. Therefore only ones who can change that won't do it and the inventor can't "correct" this "issue". But thanks to the kid, we can enjoy a few moments of pure play and illusion. While waiting for the mass-marketing to catch up with where the flying child is at today, that's all we've got.

Guest fredhoward

Codswallop ! Fred

Guest Biffs

ill have to try your settings!

Guest Biffs

ive downloaded the fsx config and proxyuser files that bramski supplied and also applied the settings that he suggested but i still only get about 30 TPS while the scenery is originally loading. The highest i got was 200 TPS right at the very beginning but then it progressively lowered as the scenery continued to load. Is there any way i can increase this number up to what i hear it should be? (at least the hundreds?). I am using beta 4 and fsx RTM. any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. thanks

Guest Airbuzz

Just wonder if the SLI and Crossfile guys have the same blurry problems ?-------------------------------------------------Freeware A380 Load Editor, flight dynamics and external Glass Cockpit software coming soon !

Guest rbrown3rd

I just reverted from SP1 to RTM. I then reinstalled the latest TP. My first flight after that showed that the blurry textures had been replaced by razor sharp scenery. My own house is clear enough to make out my driveway and my RV parked on the side. I flew around a bit and seemed to be getting updates as I traveled. Time will tell but needless to say I am happy with this quantum leap in improvement created by taking a step back instead of forward. The image below of an area in South Florida illustrates the new clarity. You can count the blue tarp roofs below. The same image with SP1 and TP4 on my machine would have been so blurry that individual houses would have been hard to make out.http://farm1.static.flickr.com/203/535771188_d1adf922c9.jpg