Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eric

FS 2004 GPS

Guest A321

Hi all I just bought the New GPS from FSAvionics, The Garmin 530, and i have found out that MS are including a Garmin in FS 2004.Have i wasted my money or will the FSAvionics version offer me a better solution.Please let me know as im not sure as to weather i have wasted my money or not.Anyhow its a great toy and i havent stoped using it, although im still learning it.

From the information thus far, it appears that the function of the FS 2004 GPS is not a full implementation of the Garmin 530, although it looks light years ahead of the 2002 GPS!Enjoy your 530 and learn to fly the standard approaches.. it will keep you busy for some time to come!

Bert

I agree with Bert. I don't think it's likely that MS will include a fully-functional 530. More likely it will be "dumbed down" a bit. I, too, just bought the 530 and I'll bet I'll still be using it in August :-) .Trip

Guest Eric

Hi, I will not buy anymore any GPS for fs2004, the gps built in will be enough for me. The amount of comparaison are not enough for an investment. I will prefer to buy Aircraft for fs2004. And who said you will not have to paid more for the upgrade. If you have seen the video and information Garmin GPS 500 and Garmin GPS 295http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/atc.asphttp://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul...s/video/gps.wmvGarmin, new Microsoft Fs partner!Save your money for REAL Investment!Eric