Sign in to follow this  
Guest spiffy_scimitar

Want to get back to TilePrxy... but!

Guest spiffy_scimitar

Hello,I used Tile Prxy right before the SP1 release.. since then I've deleted the entire game, installed SP1, and enjoyed better stock FSX frame rates for some nice autogen scenery. Trouble is, I also like Tile Prxy. Since then I see there have been more TP releases. Does the latest TP beta allow you to easily switch between TP and stock FSX SP1 to suit my fancy?And does TP now have some way to delete the gazillion files in the world folder with the click of a button rather than navigating to the folder and deleting them manually from the recycle bin (which takes forever?)If so, I'll dive back in.

Guest cbuchner1

Wait for Beta 5, it will allow to fly on stock scenery as well as TileProxy scenery easily. How is running the cleanup.bat script not "the click of a button" ;) Okay, the navigating to the World folder part is a bit too much.Unfortunately FSX SP1 does not work that well with TileProxy. Some hardcore Tileproxy fans have switched back to FSX RTM to get faster terrain loading/updating performance.

Guest spiffy_scimitar

Ah, Must have missed that cleanup utility,cool.Hmm, it'll be tough to remove SP1, but I guess I'll wait to see the performance before I do anything drastic. When is Beta 5 due?Out of curiosity, any backlash, warnings, or interest from any of the satellite photo provider giants? Awesome work! Thanks!

Guest sunstriker

>Wait for Beta 5, it will allow to fly on stock scenery as>well as TileProxy scenery easily. How is running the>cleanup.bat script not "the click of a button" ;) Okay, the>navigating to the World folder part is a bit too much.>>Unfortunately FSX SP1 does not work that well with TileProxy.>Some hardcore Tileproxy fans have switched back to FSX RTM to>get faster terrain loading/updating performance.>OOOH that makes me a hardcore TP fan lolRich

Guest cbuchner1

No, no one contacted me about the program's ability to work with their services yet.Seriously, if one of the providers said "No", I'd put their warning right into the TileProxy installer.But forcing TP to not support their service is like making a web browser unable to access specific URLs. ;)

Guest cbuchner1

Well, downgrading to RTM is like cutting an arm off to make the legs run faster... or something along these lines ;) HARDCORE!

Guest spiffy_scimitar

>Wait for Beta 5, it will allow to fly on stock scenery as>well as TileProxy scenery easily. >so ah.. not to be pushy but I can't find much mention anywhere .. Beta 5 is estimated to be released when?

Guest cbuchner1

Beta 5 is targeted towards a release "later this month".

Guest spiffy_scimitar

great! Can't wait to give it another spin.

Guest mjtibbs

I just have to reiterate again (in my case) that ive had great improvements with SP1 with both TP and SP1 stock scenery!

Guest spiffyscimitar

I've now installed TP Beta5.. seems like I'm in the Blurry camp. Initial area around the plane is sharp, but once I fly for several miles, the area around my plane never updates. A scenery refresh will make the tiles around my plane refresh, but again, will not update as I fly out again. Any ideas?Otherwise, nicely done. very easy install, I like the TP/Sp1 easy switching, and switching of image services in flight.

Guest Challenger604

I could have typed the exact same thing as you did. My problem exactly.I'm really anxious to get this issue solved.

Guest cbuchner1

> Does the latest TP beta allow you to easily switch between TP and stock FSX SP1 to suit my fancy?Yes by simply not running Tileproxy you get default scenery. Alternatively be switching Tileproxy off from the ingame menu and then restarting FSX.