Sign in to follow this  
Guest Biffs

Increasing the famous TPS

Guest Biffs

ive downloaded the fsx config and proxyuser files that bramski supplied and also applied the settings that he suggested but i still only get about 30 TPS while the scenery is originally loading. The highest i got was 200 TPS right at the very beginning but then it progressively lowered as the scenery continued to load. This causes the simulator to load up very slow. Is there any way i can increase this number up to what i hear it should be? (at least the hundreds?). I am using beta 4 and fsx RTM. I heard locking the framerate and playing with the fiber frame setting helps for in flight, but what about initial loading? any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. thanks, Jeff

Guest cbuchner1

I haven't had those low values during initial load yet.Is there any software running in the background? Like for example an antivirus scanner. How fast is the PC? On a 2 GHz Core 2 Duo laptop I get about 600 TPS during initial load AND during flight. ;)The file that Bramski posted is from a RTM version of FSX. Have you tried deleting your fsx.cfg and let FSX SP1 rebuild it?Christian

Guest Biffs

Hi christian, Im currently using FSX RTM so i figured bramskis files would work well. So do you believe i should delete the FSX config still? oh i also dont have any virus scan running besides the windows firewall. My machine is actually low-end. I have a 2 ghz processor, 1 gb of ram and a radeon 9800 pro. Which may partailly be blamed for the poor performance. However before seeing bramskis settings and before i started monitoring the TPS tileproxy would seem to work fine (load within about 10 minutes, and have fairly good loading during flight. although nothing near what bramski displayed through his videos.) wanting to have the same performance i figured using his settings might help. maybe im wrong and its just my hardware restricting me. thanks for the suggestions, im definitly open to more. thanks for all the hard work :) Jeff

Guest D17S

I have an old P4 too (2.8) and also notice a flight's initial (pre-cached) access rate of about 40 TPS. The CPU usage runs at 10-20% (thus the 40 TPS initial load rate?). Dev Mgr shows no other CPU users and my 2 gig-O-ram is filling up, but has never exceeded 1.2 gig. TP is welcome to that additional 80% of available CPU horsepower. It's OK with me, anyway! VE generally loads 25,000 tiles before FS starts so I just stop by and check on it once in a while. Inflight, tile access rates sometimes stay between between 200 and 400 TPS. This is with Beta 4 mod1, SP1 and that FSX.cfg provided several threads over. If everything stays hooked up running at 200-400 TPS, the scenery can keep up pretty well at 40 knots in the trike. The Hyperthreaded CPU appears to be acting like a dual core. With TP unloaded, I get a steady 50% CPU usage with FS running. With TP running I can see the CPU happily bouncing into the second 50% of available CPU horsepower solely based on the current TP activity.However, if I wander out of my pre-cached area my CPU's usage rams the 100% stop, and the download/processing sequence overruns my poor ol' CPU. Tile access virtually stops and the blurries are on me in a moment. I'll bet a quad core might help that a bit! Here's hopin', anyway.

Guest rbrown3rd

This thread caught my eye so I checked my TPS and they were down in the single digits. I followed the suggestion of deleting my FSX.cfg and letting FSX rebuild it from scratch. My TPS went up into the hundreds but my scenery is blurred big time. I don't mean the slight blurries that we have all complained about but huge blurry textures. I have seen a screenshot on one of the threads here but cannot find it now. Any thoughts? I was pretty excited about getting my tile download rate up but it is of no use if my scenery is not useful.

Guest rbrown3rd

>>After rebuilding fsx.cfg it is important to "up" some of the>graphics settings, in particular the maximum texture size>should be at the highest setting, and the ground texture>resolution must be 1m. These are the two critical settings>that influence how much detail can be displayed on the>ground.>Thanks Christian. I am back to SP1 and TP beta 5. Performance seems improved but I need to verify those settings. I am presently using the Y*&^% server with very good results.

Guest cbuchner1

After rebuilding fsx.cfg it is important to "up" some of the graphics settings, in particular the maximum texture size should be at the highest setting, and the ground texture resolution must be 1m. These are the two critical settings that influence how much detail can be displayed on the ground.