Sign in to follow this  
Truthan

A Brief "ProxyUser.ini" Configuration Primer....

For those who are entirely NEW to TP, or having a bit of a pickle figuring out the "ProxyUser.ini" file configuration, here's how to get the new BETA 5 ProxyUser.ini to work for both Y****! Maps and the two other services:First, users must edit the default ProxyUser.ini file supplied with TP Beta 5 so that it knows where to find the online textures. It's not set up to work without doing this, as in previous versions, because of distribution to "End User" concerns. Though seemingly a bit daunting at first for non-technical users, it's a really a breeze to configure and only takes a few minutes to get going. Christian has actually done almost all the work for us already. 1. For new users, find the "ProxyUser.ini" file in your "Microsoft Flight Simulator XTileProxy folder. (If you're installing over a previous TP version, and you chose on install to keep your old .ini file, then the new one will be named "proxyser.NEW.ini" and can be found in that same folder next to your old one). (If you're upgrading from a previous version, you should back up or remove your old .ini file and remove the "NEW" portion of the "ProxyUser.NEW.ini" file so it's just "ProxyUser.ini". Once configured, this now becomes your new .ini file.)2. Open the "ProxyUser.ini file in a text editor. Now, to configure the .ini file to use Y****! Maps as your main texture server, find the "Service Example 3" section at the bottom of the "ProxyUser.ini". file, and replace both instances of the "figurethisyourself" text of the URL to "yimg.com". (Service Example 3 is new in TP Beta 5). This will then "fix" the incomplete nature of URL needed to find that service.3. Now remove the # sign from in front of "Source=Service Example 3" at the TOP portion of the "ProxyUser.ini" and ADD a # sign to the front of the "Source=Acme Globe Service" (TP's fictional example). Like this:Before: source=Acme Globe Service#source=Service Example 1#source=Service Example 2#source=Service Example 3After:#source=Acme Globe Service#source=Service Example 1#source=Service Example 2source=Service Example 3This lets TP know to want to use "Service Example 3". (Anything with a # sign in front of it, TP doesn't use).Start TileProxy....then Start FSX...Have Fun.The same steps work for Service Examples 1 and 2 should you wish to use another of the two other main map services TP can use, only that the "figurethisyourself" parts get named "v*****le***th.net" for Service Example 1, and g***le.com for Service Example 2. (You must of course fill in my *'s with the letters needed for those services server URL's, which you should be able to guess from the examples.)Then just remove the "#" sign from in front of whatever service you wish to use, making sure place a "#" sign in front of the service you just changed from, so only one service is without one, (i.e.the one you wish TP to use).Finally, for ease of use you can always replace the "Service Example 1" text of both the top sections and the bottom URL sections with the name of the service used, instead of just "Service Example 1" but THE TEXT MUST BE IDENTICAL on both the top "source" sections and in the brackets on the bottom URL sections or TP won't find the service being called for on top farther down in the bracketed sections of the .ini file. Hope that helps to de-mystify the "ProxyUser.ini" and get some folks up and going. No one should miss the great scenery Christian's hard work has allowed us to enjoy.-Ed Truthan

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Guest Challenger604

A HUGE Thank you. I wonder by saying the word Yahoo.. Does that mean I could get sued?;-)

Guest MaverickNL

Thanks , much clearer now!But it doesn't work, TP gives a whole bunch of errors while loading..(see attachment)What is wrong with it?

A couple of things are incorrect:Your "source" section, which looks like this:source=Acme Globe Servicesource=virtualearth.netsource=google.com#source=Service Example 3should look like this:#source=Acme Globe Servicesource=virtualearth.net#source=google.com#source=Service Example 3i.e. only ONE service at a time (the one you wish to use) should be WITHOUT the # sign. In my above example v*****le**th.net is "selected" as the texture server. If multiple services are selected you'll get errors. Also you have an "f" (.comf) after ".com" in your g***le URL. Should you decide to use that service it would return an error.

- T. S. Eliot

Guest AlanStirling

have just set up the programme (beta 5) but get persistent error when i try to connect to any of the available mapservers which reads:Load failed with error: 0x80070420An instance of the service is already runningAttach failed with error: 0x801f0012An instance already exists with this name on the volume specifiedRunning FSX (sp1 applied)Any help appreciated ...Alan

After each TileProxy use you must "turn off" the program with one additional step or you'll get that error. Go to:Start>All Programs> TileProxy> Unload filter driver It will open up a screen that prompts you to "strike any key", and you're done. You may then boot TileProxy up again.

- T. S. Eliot

Guest cbuchner1

Actually that error message is harmless. It is not the cause of any extra trouble. It just means the filter driver is already loaded and attached to your drive partition.

Guest AlanStirling

another issue ... when i start FSX scenery loads to 35% and then freezes there ... the filter driver load process seems to be making unsuccessful attempts to connect and a message "transfer failed to resolve host" appears ... any ideas?

Sounds like part of the URL for the service you're attempting to use is incorrect. Download this file and compare yours with it:http://www.edtruthan.com/tileproxy/ini/ProxyUser.INIThis file is currently configured for Y****! Maps

- T. S. Eliot

Guest AlanStirling

tried your file and problem the same ... the error string in the proxy user routine contains the line: Error was 6 for transfer#n(where n is number of thetransfer attempt presumably)...

Hmmm...Have you tried switching services?...Does it happen on all or only one? If you'vbe been using G***** for a while you could have been shut off. Renewing your IP address will solve that if you can do it. Some people have a static IP and must wait until they "let you in" again.The file you downloaded works perfectly for me on all 3 services. I don't use G***** very much, I mostly use Y****!, but when I over used G***** a while back I got similar shut outs. Post a screenshot, if you can, of the error in TP.

- T. S. Eliot

Guest mz-cd

I also have this freeze at 35%.When it gets to 35% I then disable my virus scan [bitDefender] and it continues to load up to completion. I can at that point then re start the virus scan.Sometimes it stops at 27%. I have noticed that the point at which it stops depends on how high [or low] you have autogen set.

Guest AlanStirling

ran with G***** & V*********** this morning with most services(including virus program) shut down and lo and behold it worked ... a big thank you to those (particularly Ed Truthan) pitching in with help ... Alan

Guest mz-cd

How long does it take your sim to load.Mine will load to 35% in seconds and then from 35 to 60 an eternity.From 60 to 100 a few seconds.Can someone answer this for me.As the sim loads the number of tiles accessed decreases.At the start I get a load of hundreds per second and it drops to as low as 0.1. Is this right??

Guest AlanStirling

my sim loads exactly as per how yours does, but the whys and wherefors are beyond my scope ... Alan