Sign in to follow this  
Truthan

A Brief "ProxyUser.ini" Configuration Primer....

I experienced the same "slow down" of texture loading (TPS) after I had accumulated a large number of tiles (700,000 plus). After clearing my cache (with the cleanup.bat in the TileProxy Photoreal World folder), defragmenting the HD, and rebooting I was back to 300 to 400 TPS and had a 5 minute load. Don't know if you've accumulated that many, but if so, it worked for me. Perhaps TP takes longer to sort through the large cahe to see if it needs any files for that area than it would to just grab them on the fly?

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Guest Biffs

ive had the same slow down. It starts at its high maybe 200 then goes down to 20 tps. i wish the sim would load faster as now its been taking at least 10 mins.

Guest craig1998

im getting the the same texture loading problems with the proxyuser.ini file you uploaded. texture loads only high altitude satellite photos. Ive tried G******* and Y******! why are we being so careful about not saying the services? I mean are they scanning these forums or something?

Guest Dragonlick

Hi, could someone please possibly give me/us the Y*h** module_config line? I would love to see this! I already have g**gle and vir**al working on beta 5. HELP! PLEASE!Robbtw, hi all!

Step 2 (in the original post above) gives you the steps to configure it. The entire URL for Y****! is complete in your Beta 5 .ini under the "Service Example 3" entry, except for the relacement of "figurethisyourself" parts (there's 2 of them in the URL) with "yimg.com", so it looks like this:[service Example 3]cache_folder=....cache.service3network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=1.0|verbose=1|server=http://us.maps3.yimg.com|path=/aerial.maps.yimg.com/img?x=%x&y=%y&z=%z&v=1.5&t=a|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"min_level=5max_level=17color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=50That's it.

- T. S. Eliot

Guest Bill Hinton

Truthan,I have tried using your proxyuser.ini file, yet I cannot notice any Tileproxy Photoreal World scenery in Microsoft Flight Simulator 9. I am using WindowsXP Home.Any and all help will be appreciated.

Guest cbuchner1

Look two directories above in the Microsoft Games folder. I have moved it up there because then FSX is able to start more quickly. For some reason it scans its entire folder and all subfolders on startup and that can take minutes if it has to wade through Tileproxy-generated data.

Guest Bill Hinton

Christian,Thanks for responding and thank you for the program.I know where the TileProxy Photoreal World folder is located. My problem is that when I start Flight Simulator 9, and while flying, I don't notice any change in scenery. Looks like default scenery to me.I am using Truthan's *.ini file.

Hi Bill,When you installed TP Beta 5 did you make sure and check the box that also changes the FS9 scenery.cfg to use TP? I think it's checked by default...If so you should see a LONG SERIES of entries in your "scenery.cfg" file (in your FS9 root folder) that look like this:[Area.236]Title=WORLD_0305Local=..TileProxy Photoreal World0305Layer=236Active=TRUERequired=FALSERemote=If they're not there, re-install TP and check again. Also, make sure and start TP FIRST (from the the "Start>All Programs>TileProxy>Load filter driver and run proxyUser" shortcut) and THEN start FS9. I usually start FS in "windowed" mode so I can look at the TP progress window and check the text, which will verify you have "connected" the two together and how fast the textures are loading. Christian also mentioned a few words about an occasional problem with a missing "valid .exe path registry key" for FS9 in this thread:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=1334&page=Let us know how you fare.

- T. S. Eliot

Guest Bill Hinton

>Hi Bill,>>When you installed TP Beta 5 did you make sure and check the>box that also changes the FS9 scenery.cfg to use TP? I think>it's checked by default...If so you should see a LONG SERIES>of entries in your "scenery.cfg" file (in your FS9 root>folder) that look like this:>>[Area.236]>Title=WORLD_0305>Local=..TileProxy Photoreal World0305>Layer=236>Active=TRUE>Required=FALSE>Remote=If they're not there, re-install TP and check again. Also,>make sure and start TP FIRST (from the the "Start>All>Programs>TileProxy>Load filter driver and run proxyUser">shortcut) and THEN start FS9.I usually start FS in "windowed">mode so I can look at the TP progress window and check the>text, which will verify you have "connected" the two together>and how fast the textures are loading.Christian also mentioned a few words about an occasional problem >with a missing "valid .exe path registry key" for FS9 in this>thread:>>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=1334&page=Let us know how you fare.

Hmmm. If FS9 is installed in it's default location I'd of thought TP's installer would have found the FS9 scenery.cfg. Here are some suggestions (sorry if these are redundant suggestions, you may have already tried some or all, but just to be be extra thorough): 1. Have you checked to see if your scenery.cfg has a "Read Only" attribute? I've encountered that from time to time with various installs only to discover the fact after much head scratching.2. If you have only FS9 on your machine (i.e. no FSX) did you install the "TileProxy" program folder in your FS9 root folder as stated in the manual?3. Also is TP indicating that it is "connecting" to FS9 and proceeding with texture downloads? If so the "FSDConnection.dll" in you "Modules " folder is working, so that's good. If it's NOT there you'll need one...let me know.4. If the above have been verified, here's a "hands on" alternative to try. I've placed all 90 of the TP scenery.cfg entries in this text file:http://www.edtruthan.com/tileproxy/fs9/TP_...CFG_Entries.txtBack up your current scenery.cfg and place these entries at the bottom of your scenery.cfg entries. Of course you'll have to re-nunber the "Area" and "Layer" numbers sequentially according to your last scenery entry number (Mine are numbered 211-300):[Area.211]Title=WORLD_0000Local=..TileProxy Photoreal World0000Layer=211Active=TRUERequired=FALSERemote=The "Local=" entry assumes your "Tileproxy Photoreal World" is one folder "up" from your FS9 root folder (..), in the "Microsoft Games" folder. If TP is connecting to FS and your "Tileproxy Photoreal World" folder is filling with textures, these scenery entries may get you going.Again, keep us posted...

- T. S. Eliot

Also Bill, Another common culprit of innumerable problems is (again, a possibly redundant suggestion), from install through to TP/FS booting ALL virus and spyware programs should be temporarily disabled, including I would suggest, the Windows Xp (SP2) default "firewall" which I've found to be a real SOB on lots of occasions.

- T. S. Eliot

Guest Bill Hinton

Truthan (Ed),I copied the content of your scenery.cfg file and pasted them in mine, then renumbered them sequentially and every thing worked OK.I then loaded TileProxy on my Son's computer (better than mine) and didn't have any problems.I wonder why the scenery.cfg file did not change.Thank you, very much, for the solution.Thanks, also, to Christian.

Cool. That's great news Bill! Enjoy TP and happy landings.

- T. S. Eliot

Ed...I wanted to thank you fir the proxyuser.ini link. I reinstalled FS9 today and was hurriedly looking for file and found your, plugged it in and it works perfectly the Ya*** maps look great also...Thanks, danny