Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

How do I force Hires textures to appear?

Hi Christian,I haven't tried Beta 5 yet (running Beta 4) but, before I do, I wonder whether you have any tips for ways to encourage stubborn hires texture tiles to appear? In one of the areas I am exploring there are several spots where, try as I might, I can't get these textures to display. Very frustrating.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173817.jpgI tried moving the relevant jpegs out of the cache folder but, perhaps not surprisingly, that had no effect. Identifying the relevant bmps is another matter altogether which makes it difficult to force a rebuild without deleting the entire content of the relevant area folder. This does work (see image below), but it is not ideal as you are then faced with having to rebuild the other bmps covering the rest of the area all over again - not a 5 minute job with 0.5Mbits/s broadband!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173818.jpgI've tried pausing the sim, putting it into slew mode, your configuration file entries, forcing reloads and waiting forever, but nothing works other than the deletion of all the bitmaps from the relevant area texture folder and reloading the saved paused flight situation with Tileproxy running.Regards,MikeEdit: FSX (SP1)

Guest Challenger604

I think this may be an unsolvable problem. I bet it is an FSX problem and not a tileproxy problem

"I think this may be an unsolvable problem"On no it isn't, try Beta 5! ;)Hey Christian, you sly (and I certainly don't mean that in the deceitful sense) old dog ! This is much, much better!!This time I took the time to read your supplied manual very carefully and implemented all the recommendations as appropriate for my setup. The rewards speak for themselves: At last, with SP1 I am now seeing hires textures around my a/c popping into view with very little delay :)Boy, am I happy? Oh yes! I posted this in a fit of excitement and am keeping my fingers crossed that I haven't been a bit premature.However, I have to say first impressions with Beta 5 and VE and 0.5Mbit/s broadband are looking very good.Thank you yet again for all your hard work with this. I do hope you will receive some recognition - you certainly deserve it!Cheers!Mike :-beerchug

Guest sunstriker

Any chance you could point me in the right direction to resolve the same issue?cheersRich

Guest Challenger604

I have beta 5. Tried several tweaks on the FSX and what happens is the tiles just stay blurry when I fly around. I mean they are crystal clear and sharp within say a 50 mile radius but as I fly it's like just stay blury and never get sharp

In my last post I stated:"At last, with SP1 I am now seeing hires textures around my a/c popping into view with very little delay"Perhaps I should now qualify this.With Beta 4 I found it virtually impossible to force many hires texture tiles to snap into view. This seems to have been resolved with Beta 5. I have a slow broadband connection (0.5Mbits/s), barely fast enough to allow slow flying with guaranteed hires texture catchup. I find that I have to pause periodically and hit SHIFT + ~ (keys assigned in FSX for scenery refresh) to load and cache these textures. This didn't seem to work for me with Beta 4. In time I manage to cache all the textures needed which allows me to refly my selected area without TP running. This can be tedious, but I have to accept this as a limitation imposed by my broadband.This is my current ProxyUser.ini with Beta 5:{TileProxy}master_enable=Onoffline_mode=Nolod_distance=1000max_lod=15preload=15#source=Acme Globe Servicesource=V*****l E***h#source=G****e e***h#source=Y****! M**s{Acme Globe Service}cache_folder=cache.acmenetwork_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://server*.acmeglobe.com|path=/terraintile?pos=%s&v=10|quad=ABCD|balance=0123|agent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; The TileProxy Project)"min_level=9max_level=17color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=25{V*****l E***h}cache_folder=cache.service1network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=10|rate=0.5|verbose=1|server=http://a*.ortho.tiles.v**********h.net|path=/tiles/a%s.jpeg?g=52|quad=0123|balance=0123|useragent=MSIE 7.0(compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"min_level=9max_level=17level_mapping=9,10,11,12,14,14,15,16,17#level_mapping=9,10,11,14,14,14,15,16,17color_hack=Yescolor_level=13bulk_extend=25{G****e E***h}cache_folder=cache.service2network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=10|rate=0.5|verbose=1|server=http://kh*.g****e.com|path=/kh?t=t%s&n=404&v=17|quad=qrts|balance=0123|useragent=MSIE 7.0(compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"min_level=5max_level=17color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=25{Y****! M**s}cache_folder=....cache.service3network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=10|rate=0.5|verbose=1|server=http://us.maps3.y**g.com|path=/aerial.maps.yimg.com/img?x=%x&y=%y&z=%z&v=1.5&t=a|useragent=MSIE 7.0(compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"min_level=5max_level=17color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=25Note in particular my "conn=10|rate=0.5" entries. This seems to work well and I am seeing very few failed tile downloads, nor am I 'upsetting' the servers. Also, "verbose=1" because I like to see what's going on behind the scenes.Otherwise, the only other tweaks in use while running TP are a few of those suggested by Christian in his User Manual:TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT is set to 400 <---not sure how much effect this is having. My usual setting is 30 or 40. Needs further testing.FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION is set to 0.40 <----may not be so relevant for dual core users under SP1.PoolSize is set to 5000000REALTIME and AFFINITY settings (still testing):http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=1194&page=Overall performance, in common with other photoscenery, is very smooth. Frame rates pegged at '20' although sustains '30' without any trouble.Mike

Guest sunstriker

Thanks Mikegiving it a go nowRich

Guest sunstriker

Tile Proxy 5 greatFSX SP1 crap - clear for 15 secs then a blurry mess.are you running SP1 or RTM?Rich

Hi Rich,"are you running SP1 or RTM?"SP1.What's the speed of your broadband?The "rate=0.5" matches my 0.5Mbits/sec connection (incoming 576 kbps).Have you tried adjusting to suit?MikeASRock 939Dual-SATA2, AMD Athlon 64X2 4800+ (2400MHz)(Toledo), 2GB Crucial PC3200 DDR400 Ram 3-3-3-8 (2T)(Dual Channel), (PCI-E)Sapphire ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB (Catalyst 7.1 WHQL), SB Audigy2 ZS Platinum (Drivers version 5.12.0001.1196 WHQL), Windows XP Home Edition (SP2), DirectX 9.0c (with 06/2007 update)

Guest sunstriker

Mike54.0 Mbps here so yes 0.5 setting seems correct?Rich

"54.0 Mbps here so yes 0.5 setting seems correct?"That doesn't sound right! You'll have us all green with envy! Better check again.Read Christian's User Manual for more info.Mike

Guest sunstriker

MikeGot me...connection speed does indeed say 54.0Mbps???? (8 meg Broadband) - I thought it a bit odd but just thought I was a decimal place out loltis 54??Last night TP B5 ranm perfectly; changed texture bandwith to 400 (from 40) and Fibre frame to 1.2 - figure?Rich