Sign in to follow this  
Guest Challenger604

Blurry

Guest Challenger604

Could it be an internet problem? I have cable internet and routenely see 2.0Mb download speed.Something is preventing it from that speed. Maybe the Yah** server? I got blacklisted from google so only using that one.Hummmm

Guest Challenger604

Welp I dropped in the cfg file provided and still getting 25tiles per second while flying. How do I increase that??? That has got to be my and our problemsThanks

Guest mz-cd

When TP is working it is great.But I do wonder if some of the problems are being caused by the limitations of my hardware.Interestingly enough I spent days tweaking FSX+SP1 to get the best result but in the end found that NO tweaks in the cfg file worked the best. I do have a couple of things added such as reduced textures.I can fly at 50+ FRP's with all settings at max or nearly so. [with the exception of Ai stuff, which I don't use]ASUS A8N-E M/BoardAti RX800 TD256E GraphicsAthlon 64 3200+ CPU [running 10% overclocked at 2200]

Guest rbrown3rd

>When TP is working it is great.>But I do wonder if some of the problems are being caused by>the limitations of my hardware...........................>>ASUS A8N-E M/Board>Ati RX800 TD256E Graphics>Athlon 64 3200+ CPU [running 10% overclocked at 2200]I am convinced that most of my problems are just that. My system is of lower capability than yours however my internet connection is DSL downloading at 6,000 kilobits per second. That is pretty fast but it does not help with processing each texture and displaying. I have gotten my FSX and TP tweaked fairly well and get a somewhat decent update for a while as long as I fly something very slow. If I invoke the high speed option my sim frame rate really starts dropping into single digits which is not very pleasant. With no weather, FSX SP1 and TP 5, no fast flyiing option, and Y**** as my server I can get rates up to 15 - 20 but my poor little system eventually succumbs to the task of keeping up with the incoming textures. What I don't understand is that even with my high speed connection the downloaded frame rates seem to run around 40 - 60 most of the time. If TP is indicating only textures downloaded and not textures downloaded and processed I would think that rate would be much higher.

Guest mz-cd

I have been able to connect to all 3 this morning, although reducing the conn= to 10 helped a lot.I defragged my H/D a couple of days ago but have just done it again and on completion the results showed 10821 fragmented files, so this is worth doing VERY often. [i use Auslogics Freebie]I am using a wireless connection via a Belkin adaptor so don't know if this is causing limitations. The icon shows a "transfer rate" of 54Mits a second, but whether that is true or not I don't know.I loaded Sion [switzerland] via YaH** and the result was poor.Also G****e at my home airport was poor.VE seems to give the best reults but the tile access while flying is very low on all 3, 20/30 if I am VERY lucky. 2/3 seems the norm. If only we could find some way of increasing tile access when flying I am sure all will be well. [and load times]So am not sure where to go from here in terms of improving flying rates.Maybe have to wait for further developements.

Guest Challenger604

Is there anywhere that I can increase the number of tiles downloaded per second? I know I have a fast internet connections.Thanks