Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Perfection achieved?!

"Did you clear out any old files first?"Is it really necessary to clear out the jpegs in the TPcache.* folder/s?When I want to rebuild an area I simply rename or delete the bitmap content of the relevant TileProxy Photoreal WorldxxxxTEXTURE folder.When I refer to a 'cached' folder I am alluding to the bitmap contents of the 'TileProxy Photoreal World' TEXTURE folders.Mike

Guest triangle

Is there a line in the proxyuser.ini that sepcifies the size of the area surrounidng your start point that should be loaded? It would be interesting to increase this and therefore the geographical coverage.Andrew

Guest dongdongliushui

Geofa, why do you call the y**** tile perfect? It seems unable to compete with g*** as regards resolution and color.Maybe a couple of comparison pics?

Guest fsjunkey

"When I want to rebuild an area I simply rename or delete the bitmap content of the relevant TileProxy Photoreal WorldxxxxTEXTURE folder."How do you find out what area is covered in a certain texture folder? I see it has numbered folders, but how do I know what covers what? Is there a map somewhere that shows the coverage?Thanks,Gary

Hi Gary,"How do you find out what area is covered in a certain texture folder?"Either browse each folder one-by-one (very tedious!) until you find the one currently being populated. Or, alternatively try the nifty utility called 'TreeSize' which quickly identifies the relevant folders. I'm using the 'Personal 4' edition which does all I need it to do. There is a free version of 'TreeSize' which you might like to try first as it may well satisfy your requirements:http://www.jam-software.com/freeware/index.shtmlMike

Guest cbuchner1

there is a map in a thread called "Tileproxy missing areas". Use the search function in the forums to find it.

Guest fsjunkey

Thanks very much for the info! Now to search and find out which one is El Paso.Gary

Guest ryebred

I tried the Yahoo server and it worked fine but I noticed that the tiles have a greenish blue hue to all of them. Even the screenshots you posted confirm this. Your actual photo has the ground looking more brown and green then the Yahoo satelite photos. I flew a route in Northern California that I fly all the time in the real world and the hills are always brown and then the agricultural fields are a mix of brown, green, and yellow. Most of the Yahoo images had all the hills and fields as greenish in color.I still think Google Earth produces the most realistic resolution and color but it can be patchy in spots where you have weird color changes. Also, their server tends to lock you out really easily.

The google earth tiles look totally brown/grey for the above shots-thus for me the yahoo looks closer for me. The real photo above was taken in the fall but in the summer it is very green like the yahoo shots. I posted some shots of San Diego compared to real in the screen shot forum-and the colors look very on to me with yahoo. For places like Glacier Park and the Grand Canyon I do prefer google and the colors seem more on. But of course it is all in the eye of the beholder and where you fly-it is nice we can choose the service we like that does it best! :-)http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Guest Dragonlick

Hello all,I just downloaded Beta 5 last night and I am wowed!COULD ANYONE PLEASE SEND ME the module_config line for Y**** or at least a hint?Thanks all! Great screen shots btw!!!Rob

Hi Geof,I tried to download only level 17 and ended up with a very similar result to Mike. However, I didn't get an error. What I did notice was that TPbeta5 got stuck at downloading tile 490, and overnight I suspect it downloaded that same file over and over again. FSX was showing 36% complete. I terminated TP and FSX completed loading and ended up with almost the same screenshot as Mike.Before attempting this experiment I:1. Renamed the TP World folder2. Renamed the YH cache folder3. Reinstalled beta 5 and changed the ini to min/max 17I have a 12Mb/s ADSL and it was downloading for 20hours before I became suspicious and terminated TP.The 'new' TP world has 6500 YH files in it all of them 653kB texture files.Not sure what went wrong. Maybe someone else had a better luck.