Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Perfection achieved?!

Hi Andrew,"Is there a line in the proxyuser.ini that sepcifies the size of the area surrounidng your start point that should be loaded?"The easiest way I found is to move your "Level of detail radius" slider all the way to the right in sim if you want max load times/high res detail tiles loaded.Mike

Hi,After having set my TP ini to force only res 17 tiles it has created a cache of nearly 3G. I have decided not to experiment anymore and go back to my original TP World folder and cache. Can I use, somehow, the files that are in this cache folder and merge them with my 'normal' cache folder? Would that be a desirable thing to do?

Guest cbuchner1

I believe what happened is that you ran into an "out of memory" situation. Tileproxy caches all tiles it loads in RAM and if you force it to load 1024x1024 square tiles it will accumulate a lot of data in RAM.The "fishy" error message would occur when the tile writer cannot allocate enough memory to create extra mipmaps (zoom levels) for a tile. I am verifying the file size on disk against all of the typical file sizes and print the fishy message if it does not match.

Guest Challenger604

You actually get to use google? I think I am on the permanent ban list. No matter Yahoo works perfectly.

Guest ha5mvo

>You actually get to use google? I think I am on the>permanent ban list. No matter Yahoo works perfectly.Reset your IP and try using less aggressive definitions, say conn=5 and rate=0.5.Works for me most times.

"try using less aggressive definitions, say conn=5 and rate=0.5"Yes, good advice. I have been using conn=10 and rate=0.5 for some time now and GE, VE and YM all seem happy with my activity.Mike

Guest Challenger604

Does that slow down the tile access?

Guest cbuchner1

the slow down should be minimal only. For users with slow "pipes" it can even speed things up because less timeouts occur.

Guest Arry

Hello,the FSX worked quite well with Tileproxy 5.0 B for a while.Now I got a severe problem: when I press the button for "refreshing scenery" it starts doing it, but stops completely at 16%. Afterwards the FSX is "dead" and I can't recover it.The only way to go on, is to reset the computer.The refreshing worked two days without a problem.What can be the reason ? What can I do ?ThanksArry