Sign in to follow this  
Truthan

"Nearest Tower View" Removal Helps Blurries...

If your flying in ares where the nearest airport is MILES away, and you get "the blurries" everywhere after cycling past the "Nearest Tower View" with the "S" key, you can easily remove it from the view cycle like this:1. Open your "Cameras.cfg" file, located at: C:Documents and Settings[Your User Name]Application DataMicrosoftFSX folder. (There's a "cameras.cfg" in the FSX root folder as well, but it doesn't get used.)2. Find the bracketed entry for: CameraDefinition.007Title = Nearest Tower3. At the bottom of parameters listed for that camera add this line: CycleHidden=Yes4. Save and close the file, and the "Nearest Tower View" will no longer show when cycling views.This SOB would blur everything around my aircraft if I stopped on it for more than a second or two, presumably because if the nearest airport is far away, (like in the S.W. deserts of America where I've been flying) it would momentarily trigger TP to "go fetch tiles" from that distant "tower", thus foobaring the otherwise crisp textures around the aircraft. It would then take a while for everything to snap back in again. Whatever the cause, doing away with the view altogether helped a lot of "blurry triggers" caused by view cycling for me. It may not help with "texture loading" blurries but it may at least help to not exacerbate the issue.

• Like 1

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Guest craig1998

thanks for the easy way of getting rid of that texture reload problem.

Guest Rob_man

Yes - many thanks and will try this. Was driving me nuts when I cycled into this view and had meant to try and do this myself.Rob

Guest mjtibbs

cool tip, thanks!