Sign in to follow this  
Guest Challenger604

Caching

You replied to a VERY OLD thread...Are you still using a two year old (or older) version?IF you are using an older version, let somebody know which one you are using...IF you are using a current version, Beta 8, I have always kept tiles in geographic folders, not just service1, service2, etc. You may keep or flush and replace these at will.Scenery tiles (.bmp's) that TileProxy makes for the sim's use are stored in the TileProxy Photoreal World\TEXTURE subfolders. These are totally deleted if you use the provided utility. They are also rebuilt as needed each time you fly over an area that is not yet current.Loyd
HiI'm using the new version (8.1 Beta). Sorry, but I still don't know which files I need to replace with which files. In my service \000, 001, 002 folders are some jpegs but the TileProxy Phororeal World\ Texture folders are empty as you said. I don't quite understand which files I need. So please could you tell me excatly which files in which directory I have to copy to which directory of the FS. It is important, because my internet connection is very slow and it takes about 15 minutes or more to load the scenery and it takes quite a while to load the tiles if you fly into a new area. I dream of flying around in the mountains with a f18, but tileproxy is much too slow for that if you aren't able to save the tiles.like this for exampleBatting%20Eyelashes.gif:
I had another idea: Is it possible to somehow put it in the Addon Scenery folder. It would be very cool because you could decide which one you like to use and which one you don't.Chris (sorry for my english by the way)

HiI'm using the new version (8.1 Beta). Sorry, but I still don't know which files I need to replace with which files. In my service \000, 001, 002 folders are some jpegs but the TileProxy Phororeal World\ Texture folders are empty as you said. I don't quite understand which files I need. So please could you tell me excatly which files in which directory I have to copy to which directory of the FS. It is important, because my internet connection is very slow and it takes about 15 minutes or more to load the scenery and it takes quite a while to load the tiles if you fly into a new area. I dream of flying around in the mountains with a f18, but tileproxy is much too slow for that if you aren't able to save the tiles.like this for exampleBatting%20Eyelashes.gif:
I had another idea: Is it possible to somehow put it in the Addon Scenery folder. It would be very cool because you could decide which one you like to use and which one you don't.Chris (sorry for my english by the way)
Oh, I get it. You can take the files Tileproxy creates and have them displayed without running Tileproxy by adding them to the 'addon scenery' within FSX? If that's the case it should be easy to find out which files.The cache folder that holds all the jpgs aren't used in FSX, they're just the ones you download. Tileproxy converts these jpgs to bmps and puts them in the 'photoreal world' folder. Each folder corresponds to a place in the world. For example, where I fly in England, Tileproxy always converts the bmp to the 501 folder photoreal world. You need to find which folder corresponds to your part of the world.You can do this by clearing all the textures from photoreal world, tileproxy has a tool to do this in the start menu 'clean up world folder'. Once you've deleted all the textures then fly to the area you want, you won't even need to download any tiles because they'll all be still in your cache folder, then go through all the folders in the photoreal world folder to see which one filled with bmp files. They'll be inside a 'texture' folder within one of the numbered folders.Once you know which folder it is then you can add this folder to addon scenery by using the addon scenery manager within fsx.I think this is what you mean.

Yes, this works but I've no idea why you would want to do it.Inside the numbered folders in the photoreal world folder is a scenery folder with two types of file, '.bgl' and .bgl.on'. If you don't have TP running, FSX loads in the .bgl files which are transparent. If you have TP running then FSX loads in the .bgl.on files. So if you don't have TP running and you want the photo scenery still, you need to remove the bgl files and rename the .bgl.on files to just bgl. But if you already have the files downloaded then TP won't download them again anyway, The only thing I can see how this would be useful is to give to someone without internet, instead of giving them your cache, you just give them the folders inside photoreal world folder and they can add them to fsx manually in the scenery library.

It works! thank you so much! looks great!I put the numbered folder in the Addon Scenery folder and renamed the bgl.on files to bgl and it works!!!