Sign in to follow this  
Guest ha5mvo

FS9 still an option?

Guest ha5mvo

Hi,The tileproxy thread over at the FS9 forum left me a bit confused...is tileproxy working well with FS9?Just wanted to confirm, rather than mess things up.

Guest cbuchner1

It works best if both FS9 and FSX are installed in the Microsoft Games folder in their default location.And you should have a valid "Exe Path" registry key for FS9. OFten that key gets killed by an FSX installation/deinstallation cycle.Then a single Tileproxy installation would work with both sims out of the box.

Guest ha5mvo

The reg should be ok - that's verifiedI'll give it a try! Hopefully would be able to go through the setup correctly :)Thanks for your effort!!//Michael

For those with the same Fs9 question, here's a few screenshots of Grand Canyon with TileProxy (and Y****! Maps textures) in FS9. Even at the FS9 limit of 4.75m/pixel as opposed to FSX's 1.1m/pixel it's still pretty stunning:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174268.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174269.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174270.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174271.jpg

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Guest Pilot533

Does having fsx and fs9 on a separate hdd lead to blurries?

Guest cbuchner1

Watch out for a few things if you have "non-standard" locations of FS9 or FSX or if all your scenery is on a separate drive.The load.bat script (the one starting Tileproxy) instructs Tileproxy to monitor one particular drive letter. That drive is usually the same as Tileproxy was installed on. The folder containing the terrain tiles in BMP format (Tileproxy Photoreal World) folder must therefore be on the same drive as Tileproxy itself. Alternatively you can modify the SET DRIVE statement in that load.bat script to use a different location:SET DRIVE=S:assuming that all your scenery is on drive S:, for example.Having the drive set incorrectly results in no tiles being downloaded from the Internet. And the terrain will look like an endless repetition of some random texture.All of Tileproxy's newly added entries in scenery.cfg of FSX and FS9 point to the Tileproxy Photoreal World folder two levels up from the directories where the flight simuators are installed. Typically this is C:Program FilesMicrosoft Games. I am using relative paths to go two levels up the directory hierarchy.....Tileproxy Photoreal WorldxxxxWhen both FS9 and FSX are installed inside C:Program FilesMicrosoft Games, they can share the same World folder - saving some space. If you move the World folder to some other drive (not the same as your FS9 or FSX) you have to use absolute paths instead. like e.g.S:Tileproxy Photoreal WorldxxxxThis is assuming that your folder was moved to drive S. Simply edit your scenery.cfg - the search/replace functionality of your text editor (e.g Notepad) comes in handy for this purpose. Your flight simulator will complain if it can't find these folders. As a result you would see standard scenery.All of these inconveniences should be covered by an improved installer that I want to ship with Beta 6 onward.Christian

Guest Pilot533

Alright thanks, I guess thats not whats causing my blurries, my texture rate when flying is now at about 150.

Guest 147ed

I thank you, as tileproxy is absolutely amazing. However, I have installed tileproxy in both my fx and fs9 folders. Will this cause a problem? Furthermore, why don't the g..... tiles load for Princess Juliana at St. Martin. I have landed here many times with tp running and I still get the original scenery.CPU: Intel core 2 extreme duo quadMEM: 4gb (3 with xp pro)GPU: ATI X1950XTX + ATI x1950 in crossfire modeDISPLAY: Samsung 22" 226(BW) Type GH22WSAs I have a rather powerful and modern machine, maybe you could also advise me of the best display settings?Keep up the excellent work

Guest cbuchner1

For this area Microsoft already offers some photo scenery. It is packaged in a BGL file. Maybe you can disable this one in the scenery library.